Turn on thread page Beta

Hardship fund watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone taken out a hardship fund? I am in a situation where I have no one to borrow money from in my family (sudden and it is not a good time) but I need to arrange a few things here. I hopefully found a few secure jobs but will only get paid in about two weeks, and until then I need to move out and pay rent for a new room as well as cover living costs. Is it inappropriate to take out a hardship fund in this instance? Is this generally looked down upon and would this be a bad situation to use it? The alternative is to go back to my home country in the middle of my degree, leave everything and I will be in debt due to my loan, too.
    Advice is really appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Ask about hardship funds from your uni. This is exactly the sort of circumstance they're for, however, my understanding is that not everyone gets them so ask asap.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.