The Student Room Group

A Level Choices ? For Medicine

Hey. I've been wondering since i'll be applying for college, I need to choose the A Levels that i should do. I know that I want to do Maths, Biology and Chemistry next year.

I've been told by many people that I should do four choices to the full A Level. I need to make my qualification stand out obviously when I apply to medical schools in the future so what other course should I do as a 4th choice?
I have a choice in doing GCSE Spanish and then doing an AS in the year after. or should I do Religious Studies as my 4th option or Psychology??
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by dearsaf
Hey. I've been wondering since i'll be applying for college, I need to choose the A Levels that i should do. I know that I want to do Maths, Biology and Chemistry next year.

I've been told by many people that I should do four choices to the full A Level. I need to make my qualification stand out obviously when I apply to medical schools in the future so what other course should I do as a 4th choice?
I have a choice in doing GCSE Spanish and then doing an AS in the year after. or should I do Religious Studies as my 4th option or Psychology??

There's no advantage to doing four a levels.

Most medical schools want to see 4 AS levels, yes, but they only give offers for three a levels.

So, do four AS, then drop one and continue the rest to A2. If you want to do four A2, that is fine too - but there is no difference.

The fourth AS can be whatever you want. If you prefer religious studies then do that; if you prefer psychology then do that. It's up to you. :smile:

P.S - in the medical forum, under the community section, there is a thread for people wanting to apply for medicine in 2018, which I assume you do. Come join us there!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending