Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do guys never text a girl first or will they sometimes text her when they're friends?

I have a guy friend who always replies to my text messages and will even continue the convo with questions when texting which is great but he will never text first to initiate the conversation. I wouldn't mind this but I'm not sure if he's only replying to my text messages as to not be rude or if he genuinely wants to reply and have a convo.

I haven't text him in a week to see if he would start a convo but he hasn't :/ I'm not sure if I should text him again or just leave it but I genuinely like him (as a friend) and really don't want to lose that friendship but I don't know what to say. He told me his favorite club before so I was going to ask him if he wanted to go with me and a few friends but I don't know how to ask. Is it strange for a girl to ask a guy to go clubbing with her?

Fact is, if he texted you first then you'd lose interest.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This question would probably work if all guys were the same.

(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Fact is, if he texted you first then you'd lose interest.
    So guys generally never text first? So if I text him again he won't think I'm annoying? Or will he 'lose interest' if I text first?

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    This question would probably work if all guys were the same.
    I understand not everyone is the same but I'm just trying to get a general idea of what guys think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So guys generally never text first? So if I text him again he won't think I'm annoying? Or will he 'lose interest' if I text first?
    I phone people up. I don't text

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is like this. I call him out on it all the time jokily and he apologies for not getting in contact. He says he's like this with all his other friends not just me. I've learned not to take it to heart because I know he is a genuine guy. I'm sure if someone doesn't want to talk to me they just won't make the effort to even respond to my messages.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I typically only reply to texts. If I really need something then I'll either text first or phone call. Anyone in my life knows that that's just the way I am and not intended to cause offense. I will always reply back.

If I'm in a relationship or care deeply enough for someone or just really curious about something... or simply feel that I can help, then I'll try to make an effort to call or message that someone occasionally.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.