48.78%
    BEng
    26.83%
    MBBS
    12.20%
    LLB
    7.32%

ReputationRep:
    Based on your own experience combined with experience of others, which do you think is the most difficult or has the most workload?

ReputationRep:
    in my own experience Economics is definitely the hardest degree I've done.

It's also the only one I've done.

ReputationRep:
    Probably physics, maths or medicine. Maybe law too although I've heard that's mostly just memorisation.

ReputationRep:
    Dentistry. Yes, I kid you not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    in my own experience Economics is definitely the hardest degree I've done.

It's also the only one I've done.
    Maybe because of all the bl**dy Maths am I right?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Maths from Cambridge, probably.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    All of them. People have different strengths and weaknesses. Someone with a mathematical brain might find their STEM degree a walk in the park, but a language degree could be beyond them.

ReputationRep:
    Probably sexuality studies for guys. They must always be hard.

ReputationRep:
    Thats so vague, there are B.Sc.'s in all sorts of fields, B.A.s in science as well etc, but if you were to only give me a degree title and nothing else and was asked to say which degree is the hardest? No question it would be MBBS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymat)
    Based on your own experience combined with experience of others, which do you think is the most difficult or has the most workload?
    Hardest the one you do.
    Easiest the ones everyone else does

/thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hardest: The degree I'm doing
    Easiest: The degree I'm doing

It's the only one I can mention, seeing as I haven't ever done another degree, so I wouldn't know.

Unless someone has done every degree possible, to compare it, then I don't think anyone can really say. Also, I'm sure there's no need to mention this next point, since it's fairly obvious, but everyone has their different strengths and weaknesses, so if someone finds Maths/Science related subjects fairly easy, they mght struggle with more essay based subjects such as humanities or languages. It's all subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Dentistry. Yes, I kid you not.
    4th year BDS here. I wouldn't call it the hardest (the workload in Medicine for example is higher overall) but it likely has the most responsibility of any degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VV Cephei A)
    4th year BDS here. I wouldn't call it the hardest (the workload in Medicine for example is higher overall) but it likely has the most responsibility of any degree.
    Being objective and having a little knowledge of different degrees I would say it's the medical degrees which are the hardest due to the length of time, work load and consequences of getting things wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Any degree that you don't have the motivation, interest or skillset for is the toughest...and getting by without one or more of those things is possible but it's a lot more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    Probably physics, maths or medicine. Maybe law too although I've heard that's mostly just memorisation.
    Not saying Law is the hardest degree but just want to address the misconception it's hard only because of the huge amount you have to learn. There is a lot more to it than that!

Well, based on my experience anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.