The Student Room Group

Which type of Undergraduate degree is the hardest?

Poll

Choose

Based on your own experience combined with experience of others, which do you think is the most difficult or has the most workload?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
in my own experience Economics is definitely the hardest degree I've done.

It's also the only one I've done.
Probably physics, maths or medicine. Maybe law too although I've heard that's mostly just memorisation.
Reply 3
Dentistry. Yes, I kid you not.
Original post by Speckle
in my own experience Economics is definitely the hardest degree I've done.

It's also the only one I've done.
Maybe because of all the bl**dy Maths am I right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Maths from Cambridge, probably.
All of them. People have different strengths and weaknesses. Someone with a mathematical brain might find their STEM degree a walk in the park, but a language degree could be beyond them.
Probably sexuality studies for guys. They must always be hard.
Thats so vague, there are B.Sc.'s in all sorts of fields, B.A.s in science as well etc, but if you were to only give me a degree title and nothing else and was asked to say which degree is the hardest? No question it would be MBBS
Original post by Raymat
Based on your own experience combined with experience of others, which do you think is the most difficult or has the most workload?

Hardest the one you do.
Easiest the ones everyone else does

/thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hardest: The degree I'm doing
Easiest: The degree I'm doing

It's the only one I can mention, seeing as I haven't ever done another degree, so I wouldn't know.

Unless someone has done every degree possible, to compare it, then I don't think anyone can really say. Also, I'm sure there's no need to mention this next point, since it's fairly obvious, but everyone has their different strengths and weaknesses, so if someone finds Maths/Science related subjects fairly easy, they mght struggle with more essay based subjects such as humanities or languages. It's all subjective.
Original post by AzimH
Dentistry. Yes, I kid you not.

4th year BDS here. I wouldn't call it the hardest (the workload in Medicine for example is higher overall) but it likely has the most responsibility of any degree.
Original post by VV Cephei A
4th year BDS here. I wouldn't call it the hardest (the workload in Medicine for example is higher overall) but it likely has the most responsibility of any degree.

Being objective and having a little knowledge of different degrees I would say it's the medical degrees which are the hardest due to the length of time, work load and consequences of getting things wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any degree that you don't have the motivation, interest or skillset for is the toughest...and getting by without one or more of those things is possible but it's a lot more difficult.
Original post by Keyhofi
Probably physics, maths or medicine. Maybe law too although I've heard that's mostly just memorisation.

Not saying Law is the hardest degree but just want to address the misconception it's hard only because of the huge amount you have to learn. There is a lot more to it than that! :wink:

Well, based on my experience anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest