Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At the beginning of the new academic year my teachers mentioned that the A2 modules of chemistry are assessed synoptically (testing the ability to make links between the AS and A2 parts of the course).
    I'm not too worried about it as learning the A2 material simply consolidates what we learnt last year. I'm just wondering how this would affect my approach to revision this year. Would it be suitable to just revise the A2 topics, or better to revise over everything? It seems a bit much to revise two years of work, however.
    It'd be nice to hear how people who have done this course managed this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    At the beginning of the new academic year my teachers mentioned that the A2 modules of chemistry are assessed synoptically (testing the ability to make links between the AS and A2 parts of the course).
    I'm not too worried about it as learning the A2 material simply consolidates what we learnt last year. I'm just wondering how this would affect my approach to revision this year. Would it be suitable to just revise the A2 topics, or better to revise over everything? It seems a bit much to revise two years of work, however.
    It'd be nice to hear how people who have done this course managed this.
    I got an A* and I didn't revise AS work in year 13. Most important thing is getting the A2 work down and the AS will keep up by itself. You're using the concepts from AS all the time anyway, so you won't forget.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    I got an A* and I didn't revise AS work in year 13. Most important thing is getting the A2 work down and the AS will keep up by itself. You're using the concepts from AS all the time anyway, so you won't forget.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, good to know. I was concerned that there would be specific details from AS we would be expected to remember, such as reaction conditions. The concepts and theory I understand so that should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I only revised A2 topics, and did loads of A2 exam papers and that was enough. Don't need to single AS topics out for revision as they tend to be easy anyways.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.