Why am I so dumb and stupid? Watch

allyangel123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, I have no common sense. I always take things literally or get the wrong idea. For example, I was leaning my head against a wall one time and I got told by one of my friends to "keep my head up" then I literally kept it facing up. Then my friend said to me "I didn't mean it literally, I just meant keep positive". I felt really stupid after. Earlier on today, I was talking to my friend about her going to a wedding. For some stupid reason, I actually thought she watched a film called "The wedding" then she told me that she went to a wedding and I felt really stupid. I always say stupid things that don't make sense and it makes me really upset because I just want to be able to converse with my friends without struggling in knowing what to say just to speak. I'm also generally a quiet person however I get so annoyed with myself for making the same mistakes over and over again. Honestly I'm surprised that my friends aren't fed up with me. What is wrong with me and how can I change myself so that I don't act like a complete idiot in front of my friends so that I just act normal?
Most Competitive
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Natural selection.

Some people are lucky while others aren't. Nothing can be done about that.

Continue as you are
pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by allyangel123)
Basically, I have no common sense. I always take things literally or get the wrong idea. For example, I was leaning my head against a wall one time and I got told by one of my friends to "keep my head up" then I literally kept it facing up. Then my friend said to me "I didn't mean it literally, I just meant keep positive". I felt really stupid after. Earlier on today, I was talking to my friend about her going to a wedding. For some stupid reason, I actually thought she watched a film called "The wedding" then she told me that she went to a wedding and I felt really stupid. I always say stupid things that don't make sense and it makes me really upset because I just want to be able to converse with my friends without struggling in knowing what to say just to speak. I'm also generally a quiet person however I get so annoyed with myself for making the same mistakes over and over again. Honestly I'm surprised that my friends aren't fed up with me. What is wrong with me and how can I change myself so that I don't act like a complete idiot in front of my friends so that I just act normal?
I doubt that your friends are going to feel fed up with you because of that. It's that likely they view it as one of your quirks. If you really feel upset when you misunderstand what one of your friends says to you, why not have a word with them and explain yourself? They're your friends and they care about you, they will likely say things more clearly so you can understand easily or just laugh it off when you do make a mistake, so you don't feel embarrassed.

You needn't feel stupid because of this, however, lots of people have difficulty with this sort of thing, whether they have a condition such as Asperger's syndrome or whether they're neurotypical. I was in a lesson once and I put my hand up and told my teacher that I was stuck (on a maths question). He jokingly said "Well, stand up then! I did. And stayed that way for a few minutes feeling very confused while he laughed. He eventually told me it was a joke and told me to go back to my desk.
:unimpressed:
It happens to everyone, some more than others.
allyangel123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by pineneedles)
I doubt that your friends are going to feel fed up with you because of that. It's that likely they view it as one of your quirks. If you really feel upset when you misunderstand what one of your friends says to you, why not have a word with them and explain yourself? They're your friends and they care about you, they will likely say things more clearly so you can understand easily or just laugh it off when you do make a mistake, so you don't feel embarrassed.

You needn't feel stupid because of this, however, lots of people have difficulty with this sort of thing, whether they have a condition such as Asperger's syndrome or whether they're neurotypical. I was in a lesson once and I put my hand up and told my teacher that I was stuck (on a maths question). He jokingly said "Well, stand up then! I did. And stayed that way for a few minutes feeling very confused while he laughed. He eventually told me it was a joke and told me to go back to my desk.
:unimpressed:
It happens to everyone, some more than others.
Thank you your advice is really helpful! I feel a lot better knowing that a lot of people feel the same way. I guess I may take myself too seriously sometimes. I guess my friends did think what happened was funny!! By the way I'm sorry that happened to you in the maths lesson. Teachers just love to wind up students don't they?
tcpomme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try reading a book XD
YouAreAYute
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
some people think its cute loool
thas why so many girls act like airheads
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fam thats a sign of autism
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Fam thats a sign of autism
omg 😂

tbf when was bill nye ever wrong?? 🤷🏼*♀️
Gatts
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by allyangel123)
Name:  710A230A-C3FC-4FF5-BB6D-B4CDC1E7579F.jpg.jpeg
Views: 699
Size:  15.6 KB
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Gatts)
Name:  710A230A-C3FC-4FF5-BB6D-B4CDC1E7579F.jpg.jpeg
Views: 699
Size:  15.6 KB
dead 😂😂😂😂
lucky24226
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't worry about it. I happen to do it often too and my friends look at me weridly I used to believe I was some idiot but it just I hear things and I think quite differently from wat other people might of expect me to repsonse in a different way. Different people, diffferent thoughts. It's not like we can read their minds and react the way they want us to react. In my opinion, be you and don't put yourself down of wat others expect u to say or do.
Pinkie1993
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are just like me, you may think you’re stupid or have no common sense. Even if I don’t know who you are, you are probably a great person, you have to have a positive attitude about it and you will achieve so much more in your life then being sorry for yourself. Don’t let this get you down, believe me. Xx
YourMomWasWithMe
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
honey, no. get your facts straight before you make unnecessary comments like this ever again. btw add me on snap @roperrez0530
frawding
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you intelligent mentally? e.g maths, science etc?

either way you're probably socially autistic
YourMomWasWithMe
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honey, no. If you make unnecessary comments like this ever again I'll take your mom again. btw add me on snapchat @roperrez0530
Savanah29
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel the same way at time it effects my working ability because I don't just take people's **** I stick up for myself but I also get mad and have to walk away when someone disrespects me a certain way.. I have anxiety issues and it also seems to me that most people don't know how to communicate probably and it overwhelmes me.
Laurie Bridgman
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I take things literally as people say too. I don’t think I have much common sense or that I don’t engage my brain. Even when I question it and think that I’m probably doing it wrong this way. I still do It- cause I think well that’s what they said. I think I’ve got to believe in myself more and you should too. I’m 21 and I’m worried how I’ll be when I have more responsibilities when I’m much older. But I’m sure that your not an idiot. Your friends love you for who you are- that’s why their your friends. You’re interesting and funny. There’s nothing wrong with that! As long as you are not harming anyone and yourself, what’s the harm? Xxx
Last edited by Laurie Bridgman; 11 months ago
AnimeFan52
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Dont worry your not alone. Whenever I try to do something nice for someone, it always turns bad. I even think no one likes me. I dont get how im so dumb and stupid.
AnimeFan52
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Dont worry, your not alone. Everytime I always think that im the dumbest ugliest person in the world and I still do. No one even understands me.
STUpididiot04
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I am a idiot and I am really retarded literally suck at everything except sports!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (133)
54.29%
18-20 years old (no) (29)
11.84%
20-25 years old (yes) (38)
15.51%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.63%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.35%