Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I so dumb and stupid? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have no common sense. I always take things literally or get the wrong idea. For example, I was leaning my head against a wall one time and I got told by one of my friends to "keep my head up" then I literally kept it facing up. Then my friend said to me "I didn't mean it literally, I just meant keep positive". I felt really stupid after. Earlier on today, I was talking to my friend about her going to a wedding. For some stupid reason, I actually thought she watched a film called "The wedding" then she told me that she went to a wedding and I felt really stupid. I always say stupid things that don't make sense and it makes me really upset because I just want to be able to converse with my friends without struggling in knowing what to say just to speak. I'm also generally a quiet person however I get so annoyed with myself for making the same mistakes over and over again. Honestly I'm surprised that my friends aren't fed up with me. What is wrong with me and how can I change myself so that I don't act like a complete idiot in front of my friends so that I just act normal?

ReputationRep:
    Natural selection.

Some people are lucky while others aren't. Nothing can be done about that.

Continue as you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allyangel123)
    Basically, I have no common sense. I always take things literally or get the wrong idea. For example, I was leaning my head against a wall one time and I got told by one of my friends to "keep my head up" then I literally kept it facing up. Then my friend said to me "I didn't mean it literally, I just meant keep positive". I felt really stupid after. Earlier on today, I was talking to my friend about her going to a wedding. For some stupid reason, I actually thought she watched a film called "The wedding" then she told me that she went to a wedding and I felt really stupid. I always say stupid things that don't make sense and it makes me really upset because I just want to be able to converse with my friends without struggling in knowing what to say just to speak. I'm also generally a quiet person however I get so annoyed with myself for making the same mistakes over and over again. Honestly I'm surprised that my friends aren't fed up with me. What is wrong with me and how can I change myself so that I don't act like a complete idiot in front of my friends so that I just act normal?
    I doubt that your friends are going to feel fed up with you because of that. It's that likely they view it as one of your quirks. If you really feel upset when you misunderstand what one of your friends says to you, why not have a word with them and explain yourself? They're your friends and they care about you, they will likely say things more clearly so you can understand easily or just laugh it off when you do make a mistake, so you don't feel embarrassed.

You needn't feel stupid because of this, however, lots of people have difficulty with this sort of thing, whether they have a condition such as Asperger's syndrome or whether they're neurotypical. I was in a lesson once and I put my hand up and told my teacher that I was stuck (on a maths question). He jokingly said "Well, stand up then! I did. And stayed that way for a few minutes feeling very confused while he laughed. He eventually told me it was a joke and told me to go back to my desk.
    :unimpressed:
    It happens to everyone, some more than others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    I doubt that your friends are going to feel fed up with you because of that. It's that likely they view it as one of your quirks. If you really feel upset when you misunderstand what one of your friends says to you, why not have a word with them and explain yourself? They're your friends and they care about you, they will likely say things more clearly so you can understand easily or just laugh it off when you do make a mistake, so you don't feel embarrassed.

You needn't feel stupid because of this, however, lots of people have difficulty with this sort of thing, whether they have a condition such as Asperger's syndrome or whether they're neurotypical. I was in a lesson once and I put my hand up and told my teacher that I was stuck (on a maths question). He jokingly said "Well, stand up then! I did. And stayed that way for a few minutes feeling very confused while he laughed. He eventually told me it was a joke and told me to go back to my desk.
    :unimpressed:
    It happens to everyone, some more than others.
    Thank you your advice is really helpful! I feel a lot better knowing that a lot of people feel the same way. I guess I may take myself too seriously sometimes. I guess my friends did think what happened was funny!! By the way I'm sorry that happened to you in the maths lesson. Teachers just love to wind up students don't they?

ReputationRep:
    try reading a book XD

ReputationRep:
    some people think its cute loool
    thas why so many girls act like airheads

ReputationRep:
    Fam thats a sign of autism

(Original post by Bill Nye)
    Fam thats a sign of autism
    omg 😂

tbf when was bill nye ever wrong?? 🤷🏼*♀️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allyangel123)
    Name:  710A230A-C3FC-4FF5-BB6D-B4CDC1E7579F.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  15.6 KB

(Original post by Gatts)
    Name:  710A230A-C3FC-4FF5-BB6D-B4CDC1E7579F.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  15.6 KB
    dead 😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. I happen to do it often too and my friends look at me weridly I used to believe I was some idiot but it just I hear things and I think quite differently from wat other people might of expect me to repsonse in a different way. Different people, diffferent thoughts. It's not like we can read their minds and react the way they want us to react. In my opinion, be you and don't put yourself down of wat others expect u to say or do.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.