Turn on thread page Beta

Going over and over past conversations. watch

Announcements

Please bear with me, I hope this makes a little sense.I find myself going over and over past conversations if I feel I didn't come across as I should. And I beat myself up and come to the conclusion that I'm not very well liked.Here's the thing, i wasn't feeling myself the last couple of days (personal problems) so I fear I have been moody, cold and quiet. Everyone seemed ok, apart from one girl who is very similar in personality to me. When she is not herself she is often cold and moody and I take that personal, because she ignores me, and Is not as bad with other people. She even seems to avoid me sometimes. This confuses me greatly and actually makes me feel a little gutted because I like this girl so much and I'm left wondering what I may have done thus going over previous things in my head to work it out. Anyway, I wasn't feeling myself and I was quiet towards her (a little because she avoided me the previous day) and came across as a little cold, although when she came to speak to me etc I was polite, thanking her etc. being shy it's difficult for me to make conversation, she is also shy so it's always been a little awkward, but Im left feeling that she doesn't like me because of the way I was. She seemed to go quiet and almost self concious when I was around but with others she seemed ok. This makes me feel bad because I don't want to feel like I'm causing her to feel self concious. Because I'm shy I soemtimes want to say soemthing to her but my mind goes blank, and I'm sometimes left just looking at her, she then looks a bit embarrased. She then probably things im weird, thus why she probably avoids me? Anyway, work schedules mean I won't see her now for two weeks and I'm left feeling bad that the last time I saw her I felt she didn't like me. This causes me in my head to go over and over how I came across to her, what she may think of me, how I may of upset her and looking at it from every possible angle. I literally won't be able to settle until I see her again to see how she is. I know it makes me sound crazy but this is how iam, I don't know whether it's in my head, it's real, I'm insecure, lacking self esteem, I don't even know why I'm typing this, perhaps to make me feel a little better.. I guess my biggest worry is that she hates and dislikes me, I don't like it when anyone dislikes me.any advice?

ReputationRep:
    TLDR

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much. Perhaps next time you see her you could explain you were feeling a little under the weather, and I'm sure she would understand. The less you worry about it, the less important the whole thing will be. She sounds like she would be understanding. I'm 99% sure she doesn't hate and dislike you.

ReputationRep:
    Too much over-thinking i guess

(Original post by STARRS)
    I wouldn't worry too much. Perhaps next time you see her you could explain you were feeling a little under the weather, and I'm sure she would understand. The less you worry about it, the less important the whole thing will be. She sounds like she would be understanding. I'm 99% sure she doesn't hate and dislike you.
    I just hope she didn't take it personally. I said thankyou and you're welcome, when I needed too, do you think that would of come across as me being polite her thus her not to take it personally? It was just the way she was off with me also, which left me thinking it's because I'm off with her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.