Can anyone tell me if these steps of Glycolysis are correct please?
1) Glucose --> Glucose-6-P (by phosphorylation)
2) Glucose-6-P --> Fructose-6-P (isomerisation reaction)
3) Fructose-6-P --> Hexose-1,6-bisphosphate (by phosphorylation)
4) Hexose-1,6-bisphosphate --> 2x Triose phosphate (by dehydrogenation)
5) 2x Triose phosphate --> 2x Intermediate compound - Don't need to know these.
6) 2x Pyruvate
x Turn on thread page Beta
- Thread Starter
- 17-10-2015 19:54
- Community Assistant
- 17-10-2015 20:08
By the look of it, you have forgotten four another steps between step five and six. Here is a picture about the steps.