Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I applied for Student Finance for University Of Cumbria , to start in September however i had to pull out due to personal reasons and the university released me , and i rang SFE to inform them of this and they said that's fine.

I then accepted a place at my local university and enrolled and now have began studying etc.

Spoken to SFE they informed me to speed up the change of the finance to send them a new form which i have done , and it's been gone 9 day's am i worrying over nothing? As i've heard nothing yet.

I've received a letter confirming i would receive nothing for University Of Cumbria after i withdrew.
    I have sent my new application in for my local university.

Should i continue to wait for the letter for my new student finance? , I'm very worried.

I'm worried as the University is expecting there first payment on the 27th of November and there is no way i can pay it.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!

ReputationRep:
    Please help!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

If you're transferring University then there shouldn't be a need for you to reapply. Speak to your new University and ask them to send a 'change of circumstances' as soon as they can. Currently it's taking us 19 working days to process these at which point you'll see your online account update.

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi,

If you're transferring University then there shouldn't be a need for you to reapply. Speak to your new University and ask them to send a 'change of circumstances' as soon as they can. Currently it's taking us 19 working days to process these at which point you'll see your online account update.

Many Thanks

I rang up on the 22nd and the man said they received my new form as the university i didn't attend didn't pass the information on so i had to reapply he said they received mine on the 8th of this month and on the 22nd they was working on the 28th of September one's so he said i should receive mine in 10-15 days.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

If that's what the adviser you had spoken with has told you, that information will be correct as he would have been able to check your specific account.

Thanks.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.