Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit anxious about going on my year abroad now. It just seems like such a long time (which it is) and it's making me a bit wary from being so far away from friends and my family, especially as I don't know anyone else doing a year abroad.

My questions are;

1. If my degree includes (1YAB) at the end (it was optional to choose on UCAS) can I withdraw this and do a 3 year course instead of 4?

2. Is a year abroad really worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm pretty sure that you will have every option to change your course and opt out of the year abroad, just as other students are able to add a year abroad option to their study time at Essex. However, I would recommend that you definitely take the opportunity to go on a year abroad if it's offered to you! Personally, I didn't get the chance to do this but many of my friends are currently on their own year a broads; many of them in Australia and America and they have all said that it's been the best few months of their lives so far. I don't think i've ever spoken to anyone who has regretted taking a year abroad but of course this will always come down to your own personal thoughts and needs. I really do think a year abroad is worth it in every single way. And you don't need to worry about not knowing anyone else who's doing a year abroad, you'll meet tonnes of new people out there!

Jess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.