Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    spain russia should be a great game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    spain russia should be a great game
    Defo - Spain and Russia both have decent midfields.

ReputationRep:
    BUGGER is all I can say, Portugal had better bounce back, and fast. I wonder how spain, who I predict will come second to portugal in the tournament, will play. Better than that trash from Portugal I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    BUGGER is all I can say, Portugal had better bounce back, and fast. I wonder how spain, who I predict will come second to portugal in the tournament, will play. Better than that trash from Portugal I hope.
    You are tipping Portugal to win? :confused:

Even if we exclude today's shocker, they don't look good enough to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    You are tipping Portugal to win? :confused:

Even if we exclude today's shocker, they don't look good enough to win.
    No team apart from France and the Czech Republic to me look good enough to win the thing. And yet I still think Portugal could pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    Portugal were very below par.

And if Paulo Ferreira and Deco are going to perform as they did in that match - the rest of the Premiership have hope to tame them.

Ronaldo, apart from his penalty incident, was probably Portugal's best player, followed by Figo, who even though wasn't anywhere near his best, was still one of Portugal's most influential players.

Portual need to go with two strikers up front, Pauleta had no one to support him there. Nuno Gomes should start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    portugal were poor, Deco should have played from the start ahead of Rui costa
    You what? It was as if there was no change, Deco was as quiet as Rui Costa. Simao begn to get into the game, he should've stayed on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    yeah, but Rui Costa has been poor for years now, o.k Deco didn't have much of an impact when he came on, but at least in recent years he has shown what he can do.

Rui Costa is an over rated has been
    I can't disagree there. But all I've seen of Deco this year has not impressed me. I haven't seen loads of him but nothing great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I can't disagree there. But all I've seen of Deco this year has not impressed me. I haven't seen loads of him but nothing great.
    He was great in both the semi-final against Deportivo and final of the Champions League against Monaco.

He was nowhere near that type of performance in today's game.

Wow, Cristiano and Figo could not breathe. Our defense was great. Hellas!

ReputationRep:
    I thought Greece was a weak team.. but.. even if Portugal didn't play up to its standards, Greece played a good match! I'm really impressed.. I hope that Portugal is going to get better soon, because it can be a spectacular team, they make you enjoy football when they play at their best!

And speaking about women who likes football because of the players.. well, I've always enjoyed watching football, but since I discovered Michael Ballack, I became quite obsessed for some time with (German) football.. I think football is a great sport and I would watch it even if there weren't any fit boys, but eih, isn't it better if I can even enjoy myself watching handsome guys as well as watching the actual game??

(Totti?? Is there someone out there who likes him? argh! Yuck! He's such a stupid man.. have you ever heard him speaking! A monkey speaks better than him!)

I would like to see you speak better Italian than Totti speaks English, give him a break. Have you seen Pires speak english? He doesn't even try, he lets Henry do all the talking then makes off with the alcohol.

As for this match, all my family have made a prediction (with the rule that two people can't have the same team) and my sisters was Portugal, so it's good they lost. Come on Holland! In case you were wondering none of us chose England, we were being realistic!

ReputationRep:
    Ahah sorry.. I'm Italian!! I was not speaking about his English, but about his Italian!! Ahahah, sorry, that's too funny.. his English!! ahah.. once a reporter told him "Carpe diem" (which is latin, and it's really well known all over Italy what it means), and he just answered "Sorry, I don't speak english"

I mean.. he's one of the best football player around now (in my opinion) but I can't really understand how a girl could like him..

Edited because my English is worst than Totti's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I know! I like it when the underdogs win Plus I don't like Christiano Ronaldo
    me too!! it reminds me of the france-senegal match during the world cup!!
    what a joke if he didnt score at the end and it'd been 2-0 !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I don't see a thread on this, sorry if there already is one. Anyone else watching it? Greece and 1-0 up at the moment. Start of the second half
    Shouldn't this be in the Euro 2004 thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Shouldn't this be in the Euro 2004 thread
    I didn't know there was one. Anyway, it's a bit too late now!

ReputationRep:
    greece played well in 1st half...hopefully they will beat russia and knock portugal out..then in the next round, we might play them

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.