Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your dream house? watch

ReputationRep:
    So what would your dream house be like and where would you build it?

Think of this like your own grand designs.

ReputationRep:
    It would have a red room and a white room parallel to each other

drowzee

ReputationRep:
    Ascot, UK.
    10 acres of land.
    4 story mansion plus basement.
    Swimming pool (indoors), gym, games room, entertaining room, lounge, dining room, kitchen 15 bedrooms, 20 bathrooms, 3 staff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantfeelmyface)
    Ascot, UK.
    10 acres of land.
    4 story mansion plus basement.
    Swimming pool (indoors), gym, games room, entertaining room, lounge, dining room, kitchen 15 bedrooms, 20 bathrooms, 3 staff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice. Any idea's on the cost and build time? Design inside, build material. Think of this like your own grand designs.

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought about my dream house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Nice. Any idea's on the cost and build time? Design inside, build material. Think of this like your own grand designs.
    Jeez. Cost for that amount of land plus house in Ascot, gotta be something around £12m?
    Build time you're looking at a year, possibly more depending on the workforce employed.
    Build material would be the same as that of the Whitehouse, some form of limestone or bricks "washed" over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It would have a red room and a white room parallel to each other

drowzee
    You know what's up. :sexface:

Well... I want three. A penthouse in central London, a house in South Kensington and a country house in Surrey. But that's unlikely, so I'll stick to the country house.

It would have big garden, with a few acres of land, full of flowers, bushes, ponds, fountains and bunny rabbits. Inside there would be an open fire, large kitchen and a huge walk in wardrobe for me. I want it to have a vintage feel, nothing contempary.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 247
Size:  11.8 KB

This style would be the interior.

ReputationRep:
    Somewhere with a nice view...which means no mirrors :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    It would have big garden, with a few acres of land, full of flowers, bushes, ponds, fountains and bunny rabbits. Inside there would be an open fire, large kitchen and a huge walk in wardrobe for me. I want it to have a vintage feel, nothing contempary.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    So what would your dream house be like and where would you build it?

Think of this like your own grand designs.
    Dream house = one in NW London and has an interior like a John Lewis home catalogue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousForLife)
    I've never thought about my dream house.
    I have. I would have it build into a ridge near where I live now next to the river. 16 meters wide, 8 meters length and 5 meters high. With all class at the front and a slate roof. Open plan kitchen and sitting room on the ground floor. Two rooms up stairs. Bathroom-bedroom and a games room. Cost £310,000.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be a pimp's boudoir all leather and purple/pink #nohomo

ReputationRep:
    One where you can find Maid Marian casually strolling around in her pajamas.

ReputationRep:
    A house on primrose hill
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    ive got it all planned out:

there would be four rooms:
    3/4 of these rooms would be devoted to guinea pigs and 1 or myself. there would be little pigloos on the laminate floor and hay and stuff. I would drill holes in the walls and insert pipes so that my piggies could wander bewteen rooms. They would all be rescue guinea pigs and i would have about 18 (6 in each room).

i would have cast bronze statues of my first ever guinea pigs outside my front door with their names engraved on the podium.

I would have a stable in the back garden with a horse in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    You know what's up. :sexface:

Well... I want three. A penthouse in central London, a house in South Kensington and a country house in Surrey. But that's unlikely, so I'll stick to the country house.

I can't wait to live with you aww we could have picnics everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Dream house = one in NW London and has an interior like a John Lewis home catalogue
    Why NW, if I may ask?

ReputationRep:

Something like those, in an area that is on the edge of a national park but also near civilization and a city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I can't wait to live with you aww we could have picnics everyday
    Aww me too. We can sit in the countryside criticising literature, while eating scones and drinking tea, in my floral dresses. :daydreaming:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.