Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to resit 3 AS subjects alongside A2s? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Planning on re-sitting english, politics and history totalling 3 extra exams on top of
    my A2s so that i can get two A*s and hopefully an A by then end of this year.

How possible/ good of an idea do you guys think this is?

ReputationRep:
    I resat some AS exams alongside A2, hard work - but worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    I resat some AS exams alongside A2, hard work - but worth it.
    how many hours roughly did you do? its tricky to find the time

ReputationRep:
    im planning to resit AS chemistry, biology and geography as well as taking an extra AS subject and continuing A2 geography and Biology. I don;t think its going to be easy, but hopefully it will be worth it.
    So yeah i think if your focused enough i would say its possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelavpbraga)
    Planning on re-sitting english, politics and history totalling 3 extra exams on top of
    my A2s so that i can get two A*s and hopefully an A by then end of this year.

How possible/ good of an idea do you guys think this is?
    I'm doing this I believe it's possible! Hard but possible!

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing this

retaking chem, bio and physics unit 2s on top of chem, computing and bio A2

I do hope it's possible! haven't found any time to revise any A2 stuff, let alone AS! someone tell me your timetable and how you do this sorcery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelavpbraga)
    how many hours roughly did you do? its tricky to find the time
    I had 10 hours worth of free periods at school, I used those. 2 solid hours every evening.4-6 hours on weekend. so that equates to roughly 30+ hours per week.

ReputationRep:
    I had 10 hours worth of free periods at school, I used those. 2 solid hours every evening.4-6 hours on weekend. so that equates to roughly 30+ hours per week.
    wow doesn't sound like a lot but still ends up being more than 20 hours per week :eek:

maybe i should start being more productive during my frees

what about homework? i get a tON of that, and by the time i finish my homework every night it would be 9 and after 9 I'm useless lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    wow doesn't sound like a lot but still ends up being more than 20 hours per week :eek:

maybe i should start being more productive during my frees

what about homework? i get a tON of that, and by the time i finish my homework every night it would be 9 and after 9 I'm useless lol
    I don't get why teachers give useless homework :s the only thing i used to get was 2/3 question booklets for chemistry, an essay every week from english and sociology. and the rest was me making notes and re-reading what i did in lesson, or going over stuff i didn't quite understand in lesson. i never could work pass 9pm myself, yeah definitely be more productive in your frees! it helps a ton!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why teachers give useless homework :s the only thing i used to get was 2/3 question booklets for chemistry, an essay every week from english and sociology. and the rest was me making notes and re-reading what i did in lesson, or going over stuff i didn't quite understand in lesson. i never could work pass 9pm myself, yeah definitely be more productive in your frees! it helps a ton!
    whut! we get like 5 booklets from chemistry per week, 2 booklets from biology, and coursework deadlines from computing

it's exhausting and we have literally no time to do anything else!

oh well, gotta find time to do it somehow

yeah i'll deffo use them now! can't wait til half term when i can sort my life out

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    whut! we get like 5 booklets from chemistry per week, 2 booklets from biology, and coursework deadlines from computing

yeah i'll deffo use them now! can't wait til half term when i can sort my life out

thanks!
    guess my sixth form knew we had a lot on, that sounds tiresome but it's all doable! and you're welcome x

ReputationRep:
    guess my sixth form knew we had a lot on, that sounds tiresome but it's all doable! and you're welcome x
    yupp - just a few months left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

thanks!
    My plan exactly!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the equivalent of that too - I'm resitting one of my not so great AS exams while sitting a whole new AS (two exams) on top of 3 A2's. I think (or maybe hope) that it's entirely possible as I'm aiming for 3 A*'s. My daily routine though is get up at 6, revise, go to college, come home and revise, sleep, then repeat

ReputationRep:
    You need to make sure that you give equal attention to all ur subjects so you can stay ontop of all ur work. It will be hard work but if you're committed it will be WAY worth it!! I plan to resit two module exams to improve my grade you could do the same to lessen the workload a bit if its possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    My plan exactly!
    yupp omg i'm dyyyyinnnggg for half term to come :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I re-sat all my AS exams alongside my A2 exams they were all essay subjects which made it even more intolerable...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.formanko)
    I re-sat all my AS exams alongside my A2 exams they were all essay subjects which made it even more intolerable...
    How were your retakes taken into account for your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archdukes)
    How were your retakes taken into account for your predicted grades?
    well since I got ABCC (dropped one of the Cs) I was predicted AAB (the other C was almost a B). I ended up with AAA so then I re-applied

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.