Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Will you get a degree in natural science if I take Msci Maths and Physics? I want a joint honours degree in Mathematics and Physics, and Durham's website says:

The Joint Honours degree consists of the following rules which must be adhered to as a minimum (for more information on each module, click on the module code or name.) In general:
    • You can vary the balance between the two subjects in all years assuming the rules below and timetable will allow it.
    • You can never take more than 4 modules in one subject and not less than 2 modules in the other subject.
    • After Year 1, you are limited to studying these two subjects.

So, if I follow these rules I will get a joint honours degree instad of a natural science degree? Does anyone have any experience doing maths and physics at Durham? Does it prepare you for a career in theoretical/mathematical physics?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.