Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

feeling a little isolated at college help???? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new on here. I started a media course in September. My class are nice but I feel they have all formed into their own wee groups and I feel that I haven't yet fitted into any of those groups don't get me wrong the people are nice and I do get along with them but I just wish I would've formed a better closer friendship with them. I do have friends that go to my college but they are not in my course so half the time our timetables are different and its more difficult to get an opportunity to spend time with them during breaks and lunchtime and the people I speak to the most have other friends on the course but not in the same class so they tend to mostly spend their time with them. What can I do to get myself more involved in a group? I also feel I haven't fully came out of my shell so which ways can I become more outgoing and sociable to people? I find sometimes when my friends and my fiance aren't in college I'm usually at a table by myself and I must look like a loner. What can I do? Any advice please? Have any of you been in my situation what did you do? How did it work out? Thanks for reading this and replying xo

ReputationRep:
    When your mates arent in just go up to some people from your course and ask to sit with them, it will feel awkward most probably, it did for me the first few times i did it but it really helps with making other friends (make sure to sit with them sometimes even if friends are in or it looks like theyre 2nd choice and noones keen to be obvious 2nd choice friends)

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.