What GCSE maths paper did i take? Watch

This discussion is closed.
shellebell
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I took the paper on the 8th and it was the higher tier. Am not sure whether it was AQA, Edexcel or OCR so am wondering if some of you could help. On the non-calc i can remember a quesion about probability that there are 40 cards altogether and 4 cards of each number 0-9, find the probability that the number 5 is picked twice. Erm there was another one with vectors, prove that triangles *** and *** are similar, cant remember the letters.
G.A.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
definitely not AQA, that didnt have any probability in it apart from a small one...i think that is edexcel as people were complaining about a really hard prob question.....but deffo not aqa. Was it really hard?
Hey how come u odn't know what board...surely thats the first thing u notice?
shellebell
lol, yeah i couldn't remember what board it was as i get confused as my geography is AQA and my english is Edexcel. I had a look at past papers but it didnt say anything. I thought it was ok, but i think probably it was because i revised most hardest for my maths paper. What did you think of yours?
Kiesha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shellebell)
I took the paper on the 8th and it was the higher tier. Am not sure whether it was AQA, Edexcel or OCR so am wondering if some of you could help. On the non-calc i can remember a quesion about probability that there are 40 cards altogether and 4 cards of each number 0-9, find the probability that the number 5 is picked twice. Erm there was another one with vectors, prove that triangles *** and *** are similar, cant remember the letters.

OCR, the same as me!!!
G.A.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought aqa wasn't bad.......but the calc. paper will make up for that inevitably :rolleyes:
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gemma.....)
i thought aqa wasn't bad.......but the calc. paper will make up for that inevitably :rolleyes:

We did our calc and non-calc at the same time, well one immediately after the other I mean.
shellebell
Whay, thanks for the replies. Good to know what i actually took now. We also did the calc and non-calc one after the other. What did you think of it kieshaxxx.
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shellebell)
Whay, thanks for the replies. Good to know what i actually took now. We also did the calc and non-calc one after the other. What did you think of it kieshaxxx.

Well I think it was okay, a lot better than I usually feel when coming out of maths exams! I think I messed up that probability question and the tetrahedron one really confused me! The very last question on the calc paper with the simulataneous equation bit worth 7 marks though .... it was sooo annoying because I couldn't work it out for ages but then I did, and I had run out of time! But I should have got at least 4 marks for the working out on that question ... I hope!!

How did yours go?
shellebell
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Well I think it was okay, a lot better than I usually feel when coming out of maths exams! I think I messed up that probability question and the tetrahedron one really confused me! The very last question on the calc paper with the simulataneous equation bit worth 7 marks though .... it was sooo annoying because I couldn't work it out for ages but then I did, and I had run out of time! But I should have got at least 4 marks for the working out on that question ... I hope!!

How did yours go?
i also thought it was ok too, especially compared to the practice exams we did before, which were harder.ooo, i quite liked the tetrahedron one as i revised alot of surds, i managed to prove that side AD(?) was 3¬3(sorry dont know the route sign on keyboard). I think i also messed up with the probability quetsion, i had to try get my head around it as i kept changing my answer on the last question.ARGH! that simulataneous one also was annoying, i was factorising and then i got completely confused and didnt know what i was doing. I thought th re-arranging formula quetsion was too easy that there must have been some catch. I also got an answer for x= -4.5 for something, cant remember. But overall i did think we must have had it easy compared to other exam boards.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (53)
98.15%
No (1)
1.85%

Watched Threads