Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just of curiosity...Thought it might be interesting to hear what other people's questions are or if maybe someone has actually done something similar to what you're writing about etc, etc...

Post the question and the module it was for!

At the moment, I'm trying to finish my last essay this term (FINALLY!!) and it's for Psychoanalysis:

Discuss the ways in which the unconscious manifests itself if everyday life, providing at least one pathological and one non-pathological example.

ReputationRep:
    A Roman History paper.

"Discuss the origins and purposes of the Imperial Cult to the Julio-Claudian emperors"

Fascinating...

ReputationRep:
    Also Roman history :rolleyes: , 2000 words on this:

To what extent did the reign of Constantine represent a break with the past?

ReputationRep:
    One I'm working on atm for a Gender and Culture module (German)

‚Wider die falsche Toleranz’? – Nehmen Sie zu Necla Keleks Äußerung in Bezug auf Zwangsehe und Ehrenmorde türkischer Migrantinnen in Deutschland Stellung.

Or if you want one in English I'm working on...

Discuss the phenomenon of the New Woman as a symbol of modernity in the Weimar Republic.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, you're doing German

Before this one (which I really should be working on, rather than to post here..), I did one for American History, which was quite fun. Had to be a biography in historical context and we got a list with about 40 ppl to choose from. I did Elvis
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Examine the subtlety of Defoe's characterisation.

For "Rise of the Novel"

ReputationRep:
    It was something to do with contrasting the concept of capacity in Roman law with modern law.

ReputationRep:
    Describe the practice of theatre-going as it is implied in a theatre text or a specific performance of your own choice. Give a close reading of the text or performance to show, for example: how it addresses certain kinds of spectator; how it presumes certain horizons of expectation, or how it invites participation of certain kinds. You may want to take into account the performance traditions on which it draws.

Module - Audiences and aesthetics

ReputationRep:
    A history essay on Napopleon; To what extent did Napoleon achieve his imperial ambitions?

How boring is that?!!

ReputationRep:
    Paper for my English Master's:

'Sailing after Knowledge': The Encyclopaedic Poetics of Ezra Pound's Cantos

Ambitious or what? Thank god it's over.

ReputationRep:
    Assess the importance of oil, israel and human rights in shaping policy towards the middle east

ReputationRep:
    Language work -
    "Nunca puede justificarse el terrorismo.” - Terrorism can never be justified. Discuss.

L’intérêt du genre humain doit-il être primordial? - Basically involved discussing whether human interest is more important than animal rights.

Literature -
    ‘L’Amant questions the division between autobiography and fiction, reality and the imagination, for in this text reality is seen to be largely reconstructed through language and memory’. Discuss.

This is languages (french/spanish)

ReputationRep:
    The last essay I did this term, for Population, Development and Environment since 1750
    'Compare and contrast migration in a society with and without a social security system'

The one I'm working on at the moment (its a coursework project for my special subject, The Vikings in Continental Europe and England, c. 800-950):
    'Why and how did town develop in Northern Europe in the Viking period?'

ReputationRep:
    Consider the role of the reader in Spenser's 'The Faerie Queene'

ReputationRep:
    Before the history one, I had one for American Lit (I had 3 due within 10 days. Meh.)

Discuss the ways in which American writers of the 20th century have responded to the rise of a consumer societey. Refer to the works of two writers.

ReputationRep:
    "Can a good person rule effectively?" - or something to that effect.

It was a Politics essay on Plato and Machiavelli.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by steerpike)
    Consider the role of the reader in Spenser's 'The Faerie Queene'
    Nice topic.
    My last essay was something on medieval drama.

ReputationRep:
    Wow people love social sciences.

The last "essay" (or as close to an essay as science subject ever gets) was called:

The Comparison of Acid versus Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Glycogen

Woo.

ReputationRep:
    'Coalitions and Vapours: an ethnographic analysis of the anti-globalisation movement.'

ReputationRep:
    To what extent was the Viking Diaspora a colonial process, or something along those lines. :viking:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.