Turn on thread page Beta

Made a huge mistake and feel so bad :( watch

Announcements

Last night I got really drunk at a party with a whole group of new friends. I ended up kissing one guy, who apparently has never had a girlfriend before. I feel really bad as as soon as I got with him I realised it was a mistake, I just came out of a long term relationship and I'm not ready to move on. The only problem is that he now won't leave me alone, and he's seriously loved by all his friends and they're all telling me how happy and excited he is that he got with me. I feel sooooo guilty although I never knew I wasn't ready to move on until I kissed him? It's just an awkward situation now and I don't know how to fix it? He's added me on Facebook and tried to talk to me via snapchat but I've ended up avoiding him which makes me look like even more of a **** person I really don't want to lose these friends either, but I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, sticky situation

So typical of you British people to get drunk and kiss. FGS.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him how you feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him exactly what you just said here- you aren't ready to move on.

ReputationRep:
    You should tell him the truth and explain what you have said here. It's not fair to just blank him, show the poor guy some respect and let him down gently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Last night I got really drunk at a party with a whole group of new friends. I ended up kissing one guy, who apparently has never had a girlfriend before. I feel really bad as as soon as I got with him I realised it was a mistake, I just came out of a long term relationship and I'm not ready to move on. The only problem is that he now won't leave me alone, and he's seriously loved by all his friends and they're all telling me how happy and excited he is that he got with me. I feel sooooo guilty although I never knew I wasn't ready to move on until I kissed him? It's just an awkward situation now and I don't know how to fix it? He's added me on Facebook and tried to talk to me via snapchat but I've ended up avoiding him which makes me look like even more of a **** person I really don't want to lose these friends either, but I don't know what to do.

Don't feel guilty. You have nothing to feel guilty about. You need to give it to him straight that either a) your not interested in him b) not ready for a relationship or C) WHATEVER IT IS, but be SPECIFIC. You don't want to muddle things further, or confuse anyone anymore.

Yes you're going to hurt his feelings. But this is a wake up call for you (about acting without thinking) and a wake up call for him too (being a naieve st00pid chap!)

If you still want to be his friend, be kind and try and be understanding. If you like him as a person, this should be something that comes naturally!

Who cares what his mates think. If you're not interested, you're not interested. They need to grow up. If they get nasty with you cos you don't want to go out with him, pull the chauvinist card and tell them that your not going to be forced into a relationship and that kind of thing is illegal etc. and they need to grow up.

Good luck, live and let live, take it easy. Peace out.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Be honest and tell him you are not ready for anything.

ReputationRep:
    lol just tell him you don't want a relationship and it was just a drunk kiss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Hmm, sticky situation
    Helpful.

Just be upfront. The longer he hopes the worse it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So typical of you British people to get drunk and kiss. FGS.
    Such an unnecessary, spiteful post and why post anonymously?

OP: I agree with the others. Be honest or it'll come out eventually.

you must face the consequences of your actions . It happened to me once , I liked a guy so much and I got with him , after that he just ignored me and I tried my best to fix it because I knew we started too quickly without getting to know each other but he just kept avoiding me . It was a horrible period of my life , no one had ever treated me like that before and I just knew that he'd had a girlfriend which he loved quite a lot before going to university . I think you should talk to him and be very frank , tell him that you don't want to have any kind of relationship and make things clear otherwise you'll eventually hurt him and I think it's better to say the "hard truth " rather than avoiding him , as soon as he knows your feelings it's going to be much easier for him to forget you .

ReputationRep:
    This does hurt feelings as hopes have been raised and dashed. It would be better to give some explanation and apology. Mind you, these things happen and it's not so serious so don't beat yourself up too much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.