Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on the coming friday. I still cannot decide whether the suits I have now is suitable or not.
    Some of my friends said it looks quite gentle and fine for cambridge interview, but my family said it is informal...
    So i am putting the pic here, everyone pls help me judge!!! (I will wear a black pants instead of the jeans in the pic, just not sure about the upper body) Thanks
    Should I buy a black suits also?Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1445144999.588816.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  118.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnan1203)
    My interview is on the coming friday. I still cannot decide whether the suits I have now is suitable or not.
    Some of my friends said it looks quite gentle and fine for cambridge interview, but my family said it is informal...
    So i am putting the pic here, everyone pls help me judge!!! (I will wear a black pants instead of the jeans in the pic, just not sure about the upper body) Thanks
    Should I buy a black suits also?Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1445144999.588816.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really really really REALLY does NOT matter what you're wearing. That's the least they're interested. Some go in suits or jacket & trousers, some in jumper/warm top and trousers/jeans, some even brave in a t-shirt on a cold East Anglian December. I've seen all of those and many others; hoodies, leather jackets, checked flannel shirts, etc.etc.........

Bear in mind most of interviewers do not wear suits/jacket because they don't want to make the atmosphere too formal which may make some candidates (even more) nervous. They want their interviewees to be as relaxed and comfortable as they can be, and that's what they want you to be.
    Just wear anything you're comfortable in. ANYTHING. As long as it's not disgustingly dirty and smelly that may offend your interviewers, anything will do. HONESTLY.
    The most important thing is stop worrying about what you're wearing may affect your chance of getting an offer, because it absolutely does not.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wear whatever you are comfortable in. They will not judge you provided you do not turn up in like tracksuits with a tracky top and baseball cap lol. I personally am just gonna wear my normal suit.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's looks absolutely fine. (As the others have said, and Cambridge's official advice also says, it doesn't matter what you wear.)

The only problem is it might make your interviewers go a bit pixelated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    That's looks absolutely fine. (As the others have said, and Cambridge's official advice also says, it doesn't matter what you wear.)

The only problem is it might make your interviewers go a bit pixelated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Pixelated"😭😭😭 haha, thanks for your comment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    "Pixelated"😭😭😭 haha, thanks for your comment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries . Good luck!

I presume your interview is not in Cambridge if it's next Friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine's on Monday (Malaysia). Same problem though; my parents are all "wear a dress with a suit over it don't be so informal!!!!" Tell me how yours goes!!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayd Shah)
    Mine's on Monday (Malaysia). Same problem though; my parents are all "wear a dress with a suit over it don't be so informal!!!!" Tell me how yours goes!!! :-)
    Haha, me in Singapore. Will update with you😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hows you interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hows you interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Monday, as in, the 26th ahaha. Yours is tomorrow right!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Monday, as in, the 26th ahaha. Yours is tomorrow right!!!!
    Hi, i just finished my interview. I would say the interviewer was really nice, and the conversation throughout the process was fun and comfortable.

So just be yourself and relax! You can do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i just finished my interview. I would say the interviewer was really nice, and the conversation throughout the process was fun and comfortable.

So just be yourself and relax! You can do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks man! What subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man! What subject did you apply for?
    Archi at Peterhouse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.