Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a third year law student and it's my first time taking student loan. My application has been ineligible, and I've called to ask why and no one seems to be able to give me a definite reason(s) as to why.

I have been granted ILR and have lived in the UK for the past 11 years. I saw online that non-uk nationals must have settled status before academic course start on the 1 sept.

However, my documents was with the Home Office (HO) and it was out of my power to send my status before the 1st of September. I've called the HO many times and sent various letters to get my documents sent back before the academic year start. But as many know HO don't depend on people problems, they have many work to worry about.

What can I do? I have ILR and have all the correct requirements , except the I've send my passport after academic year on the 23rd sept as my things were with the HO.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

If you're a third year student then you would need to have had indefinite leave to remain in the U.K before the start of your course, so september 2013, in order to be eligible for funding. The only exception is if you had refugee status before the start of your course.

Sorry.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.