Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would I get a offer from the following unis with these predictions? I have a pretty good teacher reference and Good personal statement...?
    Royal Holloway
    Surrey
    Nottingham
    Southampton
    Kings
    ... Maybe Bath
    also i attend a disadvantaged school in a disadvantaged area?

ReputationRep:
    You have a decent chance of getting an offer, but, I would *kind of* expect them to maybe put an A in there somewhere with the offer.
    Either that, or, if you get an interview, SELL YOURSELF like I did, Essex uni gave me an interview and actually lowered the grade entry requirements for me to get in. =D

ReputationRep:
    How weird is this? I went to Essex uni too and studied Biomed. Now just finishing a PhD from the Uni of London. Some Unis do reduce the grade if you're from a disadvantaged background. Or if they really like you they can do it too.
    I would expect an A in there somewhere too, is it possible for you to get that in Biology? They may still interview you if you have a good PS and then make you the BBB offer. I agree with the person above. Sell yourself. Say why you want to study there, why Biochem, what appeals to you about this? Why not Biomed or Med Chem?
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagsworth)
    How weird is this? I went to Essex uni too and studied Biomed. Now just finishing a PhD from the Uni of London. Some Unis do reduce the grade if you're from a disadvantaged background. Or if they really like you they can do it too.
    I would expect an A in there somewhere too, is it possible for you to get that in Biology? They may still interview you if you have a good PS and then make you the BBB offer. I agree with the person above. Sell yourself. Say why you want to study there, why Biochem, what appeals to you about this? Why not Biomed or Med Chem?
    Good luck!
    Would deffo be able to get a A I had a pretty crap year last year since i had to teach myself maths and was forced to pick up sociology 8 weeks late, Whole year was terrible but ill be doing resits as well... fingers crossed and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    You have a decent chance of getting an offer, but, I would *kind of* expect them to maybe put an A in there somewhere with the offer.
    Either that, or, if you get an interview, SELL YOURSELF like I did, Essex uni gave me an interview and actually lowered the grade entry requirements for me to get in. =D
    hopefully, and thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jyoti97)
    Would deffo be able to get a A I had a pretty crap year last year since i had to teach myself maths and was forced to pick up sociology 8 weeks late, Whole year was terrible but ill be doing resits as well... fingers crossed and thank you!
    As well as "better" universities asking for higher A level grades, it's also about how oversubscribed they are. King's probably won't lower their grades unfortunately and they start at AAB since they are one of the most oversubscribed universities in the country at over 65 people applying per place.
    I know Bristol reduce their offers to people from disadvantaged backgrounds if you were maybe interested in applying there but anywhere that does this is usually only by a single grade i.e accepting BBB instead of ABB.

Best of luck to you! I initially got Es in my year 12 Edexcel Chemistry modules but ended up getting a B because I took year 13 seriously (and resat the two year 12 modules). I had to beg my chemistry teacher to predict me a decent grade but he eventually did it.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a third year student on my year abroad at the University of Essex and I have really enjoyed my experience so far! There is so much to do on campus such as sports, societies and other social activities that you will never be bored. There is also a great choice of accommodation if you want to live on campus. I would definitely do some research into your course at Essex and give it a thought! Feel free to ask any questions about it ^Sam

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.