Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm terrified of starting work experience watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting work experience tomorrow, I'll be working at quite a fancy hotel for 2 weeks and I'm nervous and scared. I feel like the staff won't like me because I'm a young student and they'll all be polished up in their expensive suits. I'm also very shy around people I don't know, so I will probably keep messing up what I say to people. For no reason I feel like they'll resent me. Mainly I'm self concious about my being a shy, dorky student, whilst they'll all look like models. In conclusion I'm scared of what the employees will think of me and I was wondering there must be people who have been in my situation and if anybody could give me a few tips about handling it,

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For my work experience, I worked in the labs of a major chemical business and I had exactly the same worry about being shy. I got along fine with my colleagues, they were all very friendly and accommodating and I felt comfortable there. I'm sure your colleagues will be the same and you'll have a great 2 weeks out of school

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.