The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
sweetymango
EXCUSE ME, but since when quotes did not come in the blue quote boxes:
http://www.uk-learning.net/t46547-2.html
You pretended it was a quote FSHEro, and said it was easy then laughed it off, why do u have to ...]

when you don't want all of the quote, as only some of it is relevant to your reply.

Look at the bottom of this page to see the original post http://www.uk-learning.net/t46547.html
Reply 61
rich_greeny
Is this a cheeky way of getting ure homework done?! can you use partial fractions? i haven't dealt with quartic powers, can you split the fraction to 1/x^4 and 1/4?? Or subsitute for a trig value, like tan, then the differential of tan is sec^2, and you can cancel that with the bottom. I dunno my knowledge is fairly limited, plus i can't be arsed.

I tried those methods. :redface:
Reply 62
So wait a second. Something seems very weird about this.

First we are challenged to find "if there is anything out there i can't do"... then there is the slight, and I must stress slight, restriction to "GCSE maths".

After this, when asked an A2 level maths question, we are given an answer out of the blue. With no working either.

Now this might just be me, but when an arrogant year 10 kid, who thinks they know everything, wait a sec, no, everything about GCSE maths, that is asked an A2 level maths question and gives an answer with absolutely no working, something is out of the ordinary.
Reply 63
mik1a
So wait a second. Something seems very weird about this.

First we are challenged to find "if there is anything out there i can't do"... then there is the slight, and I must stress slight, restriction to "GCSE maths".

After this, when asked an A2 level maths question, we are given an answer out of the blue. With no working either.

Now this might just be me, but when an arrogant year 10 kid, who thinks they know everything, wait a sec, no, everything about GCSE maths, that is asked an A2 level maths question and gives an answer with absolutely no working, something is out of the ordinary.

I will show working if you ask for it.

I am a naturally gifted mathematician and so I read around my subject. In doing this I have learnt a lot of mathematics some of which is covered in Alevel.

Why can I not be popular? I thought people liked the ''Im so smart and bloody know it'' kind of kid. :redface: :confused:
Reply 64
Yeh, I'll second you Rich...
find values such that x^n + y^n = z^n, n>2

MB
Reply 66
integrate e^(x^2) dx
minkailin
integrate e^(x^2) dx

Nicely put :wink:

MB
Reply 68
tell some of your achievements
Reply 69
musicboy

MB

There are no values.
Reply 70
1. Arrange the numbers 1, 2,..., 9 in order so that for each n the number formed by the first n digits is divisible by n. Thus 123456789 satisfies the condition for 2 because 12 is divisible by 2, and for 3 because 123 is divisible by 3, but not for 4 because 1234 is not divisible by 4.

2. You have twelve coins, one of which is counterfeit. It looks exactly like the others. The only difference is that its weight is not the same as the other eleven. It may be lighter or heavier, but you do not know which. You have a beam balance but no weights. Show that it is possible to determine the false coin (and whether it is heavier or lighter) with three weighings.

3. Find the sum of those numbers between 1000 and 6000 every one of whose digits is one of the numbers 0, 2, 5 or 7, giving your answer as a product of primes.

If you must prioritise, giz a good answer, with working, to two please :biggrin:
Cheers :smile:

Nicked this off a thread in Cambridge section. Thanks to el Gazza.
Fiona_smimms
There are no values.

proof??? you can't just make statements like that without backing them up.

MB
Fiona_smimms
There are no values.

what is enthalpy change?
Reply 73
minkailin
integrate e^(x^2) dx

xe^(x^2)-2(x^2e^x-2xe^x+2e^x)+C.
Reply 74
musicboy
proof??? you can't just make statements like that without backing them up.

MB

I've already been asked to prove Fermat's last in this thread. :rolleyes:
Reply 75
SHow the working to INT (e^(x^2)) dx
Reply 76
musicboy

MB

0,0 and 0
OK, here's a fun one. In the series I posted earlier:

does it ever include any digits >3? if not, why not.

MB
Reply 78
mik1a
SHow the working to INT (e^(x^2)) dx

I'm interested because to my knowledge e^(x^2) can not be integrated...
beauford
I'm interested because to my knowledge e^(x^2) can not be integrated...

Yes it cannot be integrated, no analytical solution!!!

Latest