The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fermat
Already got that in my favouirites, ta :smile:
I found that intro a bit on the brief side though! For example, in the page on Blank Spaces and Carriage Returns in the Input File, there is mention of how carriage returns in the input file will be ignored for the output file, but no mention of how to create carriage returns, i.e line feeds/line spaces for your document, at least not in that page. I use double-backslash, and it was by chance that I came across that.
That site certainly got me started off well, but now I've got a couple more sites in my favourites and I've got a book on Latex on order from the library :smile:

would u mind telling me those sites please :smile:
Reply 121
from the questions that she's answered, well!
an alevel maths formula book does the same!
Reply 122
IntegralAnomaly
would u mind telling me those sites please :smile:

There's just the two sites:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/Misc/LaTeX-Tutorial/LaTeX-Home.html

http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/~cs0pdu/pub/mat118/latextut.htm

enjoy!
Reply 123
with all those intergrations shes answerered

http://integrals.wolfram.com/index.en.cgi can do too hehe

as for e^(x^2) can be intergrated with a taylor expansion (dunno how she did it thou, )
Reply 125
that's convenient too!
Reply 126
Hey how come your date of birth has changed again?
Reply 127
Fermat
Uh, I've already done it, at the top of this page, post #102.
fiona hadn't done by now, so I guessed she wouldn't be doing it.
And you did want an answer :smile:

oops! sorry, must have completely missed your post!
Well done, that was nasty! I had no idea how to do it!
Reply 128
sashh
Hey how come your date of birth has changed again?

She suddenly wised up - its a mathematical gradual dawning, except in this case it's very gradual :biggrin:
First she's 18, then she's 14, now she's 15? :confused:
I hope sHE isn't one of those paedo's on the internet :frown:, acting much younger than sHE is, and is super at maths, but can't get her age right!
Reply 130
mik1a
So wait a second. Something seems very weird about this.

First we are challenged to find "if there is anything out there i can't do"... then there is the slight, and I must stress slight, restriction to "GCSE maths".

After this, when asked an A2 level maths question, we are given an answer out of the blue. With no working either.

Now this might just be me, but when an arrogant year 10 kid, who thinks they know everything, wait a sec, no, everything about GCSE maths, that is asked an A2 level maths question and gives an answer with absolutely no working, something is out of the ordinary.
well in my school we ahve a year 11 who does Further Maths, and has done more modules than the AS further maths group even though he only attends half the lessons.

Although yes, this Fiona does seem somehow slightly suspicious
Reply 131
Ok then. Here's one for you:

What is the next number and why?

And whilst you're thinking:

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do
Anybody in high school could solve this question.

Amature trolling by the way. Nice take on it, but you have no panache I'm afraid.
Look for goodness sake all she has to do is GOOGLE the answers ok... hehe..
:biggrin:
Reply 133
Aah... we meet again. So... is this only limited to maths? Because I have a whole array of questions lined up - some that I know the answer to, and those that are of relevance to discuss.

Btw, good work to everyone for fishing up those questions. Quite challenging, actually. But then again, I am a jack of all trades, but a master of none!

So, for starters:

1) Solve + 9 = 25
2) Light entering a glass block with refractive index 1.5 has an angle of refraction of 23.07°. What was the angle of incidence?
Here's a problem that u will never be able to figure.

Girl a enters a chat room, brags about how great she is, and seems to be stealing answers from various web sites etc.

How long b4 the whole group (that's 100% in maths terms fiona) hates her??

Give answer in nanoseconds
Reply 135
Evaluate ∫(1/0)∫(z/0)∫(√[1-y²-z²]/-½√[1-y²-z²]) dx dy dz.

If someone does this I'll be impressed.
this persons a complete idiot and what makes it worse is that shes a Munter
mik1a
Evaluate ∫(1/0)∫(z/0)∫(√[1-y²-z²]/-½√[1-y²-z²]) dx dy dz.

If someone does this I'll be impressed.

isnt that division by 0? :s-smilie:
I can't see how everyone realised that this 'girl' is just a troll.

"A troll is deliberately crafted to provoke others with the intention of wasting their time and energy. A troll is a time thief. To troll is to steal from people. That is what makes trolling heinous.

Trolls can be identified by their disengagement from a conversation or argument. They do not believe what they say, but merely say it for effect.

Trolls are motivated by a desire for attention by people and can't or won't acquire it in a productive manner.

Someone may be insufferable, infuriating, fanatical, and an ignorant idiot to boot without being a troll.

Also note that a troll isn't necessarily insulting, snide, or even impolite. Only the crudest, most obvious, forms of trolling can be identified so easily.

If you find yourself patiently explaining, at length and in great detail, some obscure point to someone who isn't even being polite to you, then you are probably being trolled."

It angers me how unbelievable she has made her story. She could have at least removed the part about pulling 3 guys on the last thread! :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 139
Sigh, she's been banned..

Latest