The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nech
ah
so by thursday we will know if we passed the tests or not, but when do we know if we have an interview?

Yeah fingers crossed we should find out by then because your status will change to long listed or longlist unsuccessful. I believe shortlisting we find out by middle of March, around the 18th or something.
Original post by alex83
These figures might be interesting. From 2013 I think. Can't remember where I found the pdf containing them, so I've uploaded them. First one is number of applicants per position, the second is level of education of successful trainees.

Um, can I ask where you got these? Just for future reference.
Anyone know if we'll get an email about being longlisted/unsuccessful or will we have to check Oriel?
Original post by echelonprincess
Anyone know if we'll get an email about being longlisted/unsuccessful or will we have to check Oriel?

I think we will get an email. But since it seems not everyone has received them about completing the assessments maybe we should check oriel as well just in case.
Reply 464
I thought this might clear up some confusion about the online tests. Fingers crossed we find out about longlisting today!

IMPORTANT Please note there is a minimum pass mark for each online test. If you do not meet this benchmark you will not be permitted to continue with your application regardless of where you are in the process. Meeting this minimum pass mark does not guarantee that you will be shortlisted for the interview stage it means you are kept in the selection process until we have reviewed all remaining applications which will take place after the closing date. Applicants will have one chance to complete the online tests. If you fail you will not be permitted to take the test again.
ah well, i've got no chance now haha ! Thank you for clearing that up :smile:
This waiting game is so hard! Fingers crossed we hear something today!
Does anyone not feel very smart after taking those tests? I am definitely not myself under such a time limit. But nevertheless I'll keep practising for future jobs.
Original post by Icandoscience
Well I actually already work in medical physics! Mostly in radiation protection.. But I'm thinking of making the switch to radiotherapy if I can. I'm not holding out much hope but if I don't make it this time will just use this year to gain a bit more experience. I'm applying to become a clinical scientist as I'm in a bit of a career progression hole at the moment...

Hi, I am working at the moment and my contract will expire soon. I have nothing planned if this does not work out. Perhaps I will apply for other jobs.. Just feel a bit lost as I dont know where or which jobs to apply for, as all I want to be is a medical physicist.
Anyone thinking maybe we won't find out today after all??
From looking at last years thread it appears they started to find out about 6pm...so who knows. I do wish they would hurry up though!
Cross fingers
sorry..meant 5pm. So maybe not too much of a wait!
Reply 473
i have in my head that someone wrote previously that we would only find out on thursday?
either way its 5.07 and nothing has changed for me on oriel

good luck everyone
I believe shortlisting starts tomorrow. So would have thought we would have found out today?
Original post by Icandoscience
I believe shortlisting starts tomorrow. So would have thought we would have found out today?

Me too, isn't it two days after? It was on Monday so today would make sense.
Reply 476
i guess.. the sooner the better pleaseeeee :adore::adore::adore::afraid::afraid::afraid::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:
I know what mine will be, but I still want to see it on screen in plain words. Then I can stop fantasising about getting shortlisted.
Ive been refreshing my emails every minute since 5 haha -_-
I wish they'd hurry up and tell us :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest