Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm needing some advice. I recently started a new job on Thursday at a major fast food establishment and they have a three month probation period. I got my first shift for the friday 12-9pm, but went the doctors in the morning as I was feeling terrible the night before, found out I've got tonsillitis and that I should be resting and taking antibiotics and things. (not working around people that could catch it)

Because its a food establisment and I would be preparing and serving customers I wouldn't be able to go into work, so I tried ringing my manager up many times that friday morning to tell her that I would not be able to make the shift, didn't get through to her,so I left her a voicemail. I also left the area manager an email to see if she could help me get in contact with the store manager about my illness (was strictly told not to contact her about being off work, but couldn't see a way around it without myself getting in trouble). It's now been two days since I sent that email and tried ringing and still no sign of contact from them, so I havent got a clue what to do about this, I have a shift tomorrow in a different store (completely new managers so wouldn't even have the chance to discuss me being off again)

If anyone could give me any advice on what I should do, I'm not well enough to go into work tomorrow but I feel if I don't go in, I could risk losing my job as they could say I havent informed them.. really don't like this situation as I need this income
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DaniiM)
    Hey guys

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I'm needing some advice. I recently started a new job on Thursday at a major fast food establishment and they have a three month probation period. I got my first shift for the friday 12-9pm, but went the doctors in the morning as I was feeling terrible the night before, found out I've got tonsillitis and that I should be resting and taking antibiotics and things. (not working around people that could catch it)

Because its a food establisment and I would be preparing and serving customers I wouldn't be able to go into work, so I tried ringing my manager up many times that friday morning to tell her that I would not be able to make the shift, didn't get through to her,so I left her a voicemail. I also left the area manager an email to see if she could help me get in contact with the store manager about my illness (was strictly told not to contact her about being off work, but couldn't see a way around it without myself getting in trouble). It's now been two days since I sent that email and tried ringing and still no sign of contact from them, so I havent got a clue what to do about this, I have a shift tomorrow in a different store (completely new managers so wouldn't even have the chance to discuss me being off again)

If anyone could give me any advice on what I should do, I'm not well enough to go into work tomorrow but I feel if I don't go in, I could risk losing my job as they could say I havent informed them.. really don't like this situation as I need this income
    How about going into the store to say why you wherent in and to sort it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.