Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Personal statement, Greenhead College, post year 11 stress watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to start writing my personal statement to start applying for colleges and I really have no idea what to write - does anybody have any advice on what it should look like, perhaps a link to a good template of one?

Also, I'm just feeling generally stressed about post year 11 right now because I really want to go to Greenhead College and all my predicted grades are A/A* except maths, which I'm terrible at. My predicted grade is a B but I'm not very confident in achieving that so I'm readying myself for a C. Is it still possible to get into Greenhead with a C in maths? I also want to do 4 A levels, but to do that you have to average an A, and I'm worried a C in maths will bring my average down. I've kind of decided that I'm just going to apply to Greenhead and hope that my maths doesn't let me down...

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Aw don't be stressed You don't have to worry about it so much, your predicted grades are so good!. I really empathize with you because I find maths hard too and my predicted grade is also a B whereas I would really like an A. (But I have actually got C's and D's in the past T^T)

Anyway my point is there is no way you can allow yourself to think you're going to get a C because then you will get a C and you're obviously capable of doing so much better. Try to have a positive outlook and think about how proud you will be if you get a good grade in Maths So try hard for your mocks, try to get your predicted grade.

For my personal statement I used this random schools website : http://www.blaconhighschool.net/stud...nal-statement/ I found it really useful because my school didn't give me any guidance. And are you from a partner or non partner school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Aw don't be stressed You don't have to worry about it so much, your predicted grades are so good!. I really empathize with you because I find maths hard too and my predicted grade is also a B whereas I would really like an A. (But I have actually got C's and D's in the past T^T)

Anyway my point is there is no way you can allow yourself to think you're going to get a C because then you will get a C and you're obviously capable of doing so much better. Try to have a positive outlook and think about how proud you will be if you get a good grade in Maths So try hard for your mocks, try to get your predicted grade.

For my personal statement I used this random schools website : http://www.blaconhighschool.net/stud...nal-statement/ I found it really useful because my school didn't give me any guidance. And are you from a partner or non partner school?
    Thanks so much for the reply! I'd love an A too but I haven't done hugely well in past exams. I'm going to try really hard in my mock to get a B though and if I do it will hopefully boost my confidence for my real GCSE! Thanks for the link too, and yeah I'm from a partner school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubysimpson)
    Thanks so much for the reply! I'd love an A too but I haven't done hugely well in past exams. I'm going to try really hard in my mock to get a B though and if I do it will hopefully boost my confidence for my real GCSE! Thanks for the link too, and yeah I'm from a partner school
    So if you're from a partner school you only need C's am I correct? I'm from a non partner school so it's harder for me. Well then you must aim for an A Let me know how you get on with your mocks I really hope you do well ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    So if you're from a partner school you only need C's am I correct? I'm from a non partner school so it's harder for me. Well then you must aim for an A Let me know how you get on with your mocks I really hope you do well ^^
    Yeah that's what I thought but I'm worried that if I get a C it will bring my average down and I won't be able to do 4 A levels like I really want to do. Are you applying for Greenhead too? And yes I will, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I thought but I'm worried that if I get a C it will bring my average down and I won't be able to do 4 A levels like I really want to do. Are you applying for Greenhead too? And yes I will, thank you!
    Umm... I'm not really sure. I think the averages system only applies to applicants outside pf partner schools - So you have to get good grades to do 4 A levels regardless? I think you have a good chance of getting in. And yes I'm applying

ReputationRep:
    I need to start writing my personal statement to start applying for colleges and I really have no idea what to write - does anybody have any advice on what it should look like, perhaps a link to a good template of one?

Also, I'm just feeling generally stressed about post year 11 right now because I really want to go to Greenhead College and all my predicted grades are A/A* except maths, which I'm terrible at. My predicted grade is a B but I'm not very confident in achieving that so I'm readying myself for a C. Is it still possible to get into Greenhead with a C in maths? I also want to do 4 A levels, but to do that you have to average an A, and I'm worried a C in maths will bring my average down. I've kind of decided that I'm just going to apply to Greenhead and hope that my maths doesn't let me down...

Thanks!
    I didn't think the college was this popular on TSRhaha- join this thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3663027

I'll also be applying to greenhead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    I didn't think the college was this popular on greenhead haha- join this thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3663027

I'll also be applying to greenhead
    You lad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.