The basics of using Excel - GCSE Statistics

Watch
iRealizediKing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice and some basic tips on the essentials to using Excel for creating graphs, charts, analyzing data, separating and narrowing down pieces of data when you are given a large spreadsheet with lots of information. I am in Year 9 and Top Set for Mathematics. Students in my set have been entered to GCSE Statistics early in YR 9, with the controlled assessment from 19-23 October 2015. and exam in early June 2016. There are 4 major sections to our controlled assesment in the following order:

1 - Planning
2a - Collecting Data and Displaying Collected Data
2b - Creating Graphs, Proccesing Collected Data, Displaying Proccesed Data
3 - Evaluation & Interpetation
4 - Appendix

I feel that I have the planning of the controlled assessment, on lock, and I feel I have the potential to acheive high marks in that section of the exam. However, I feel slightly unsure of how I will put the collected data in spreadsheets, and proccess them.

Anybody here have any tips on how I can do this? I NEED high marks, and because the CA is worth 60% of the final GCSE Grade, I need to get at least an A.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed