Turn on thread page Beta

English Literature related Gap Year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    18 year old girl living in London. 18 months of freedom. The world is my oyster, right?

Well, this is terrifying. I'm two terms away from being released from the throttles of school and seem to be looming on a year of drifting without direction. I have two vital aims for my gap year:

1. Meet or be with likeminded people.
    2. Have a structured and busy time.

So, I need ideas for a fruitful way to fill the 18 months between A Levels and some form of English Literature degree. Has anyone had experience with this kind of situation? I'm kind of open to anything: perhaps an English course for a bit, working in a bookshop would be amazing, teaching English abroad, doing a piano diploma? As long as I'm busy and with people I get on with, it should be fine, but getting to that stage is proving to be less easy than I thought. !!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.