Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in yr 11 and its October I get d's and c's is it possible to get a*/a's by the time I do my gcses?

(Original post by Afgsed)
    I'm currently in yr 11 and its October I get d's and c's is it possible to get a*/a's by the time I do my gcses?
    If you work hard, yes. You have a whole year and, for most GCSE subjects, even a week's worth of revision is enough to get A*/A grades. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    it will be tough but if u keep revising from today u will achieve it my friend

Yes! Don't lose hope! Make sure you start revising from now as you go along the topics, be organised, keep notes in order. The most important of all DO PAST PAPERS! Do them, mark it, do all the questions you didn't get right and repeat until you do so. Ask questions in class if you don't understand anything. Understanding the topics and exam technique is key.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, this is the best time to start putting in work. Don't be phased by others saying otherwise. If I were you, I'd take a pad and pen, highlight all distractions, and work around how to avoid these recipes for disaster, and make a timetable to religiously go by. It will all pay off once August comes and you're stunting with grades you could only dream off back then. Hard work pays off homie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dech)
    Honestly, this is the best time to start putting in work. Don't be phased by others saying otherwise. If I were you, I'd take a pad and pen, highlight all distractions, and work around how to avoid these recipes for disaster, and make a timetable to religiously go by. It will all pay off once August comes and you're stunting with grades you could only dream off back then. Hard work pays off homie
    thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    teachers will tell you no but what do they know after all there nothing but another person like you.
    everyday come back from school work hard and you will be rewarded.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.