Turn on thread page Beta

I've written the first part of a fantasy novel, based on an idea I had as a teenager. I started writing after having emailed a little with the author of another book I like (Lev Grossman, The Magicians) - when I told him his books were similar to my idea, he told me to write it.

I've written it now, and taken a month out, and now I'm nearly finished editing it. Once it's done, I'll be needing one person who doesn't know me, to have a read at it and tell me if it's something they would be prepared to pay money for - and maybe even a little review, if that person is willing.

I can give a few small details, if anyone's interested, but I don't want to give an awful lot away, as I'm sure you can udnerstand.

ReputationRep:
    Danz123

ReputationRep:
    i am interested

ReputationRep:
    Sure!

Also that is super cool!

Note, I said I'm only looking for one person - for obvious reasons :lol:

I will be writing the usernames of whoever's interested on pieces of paper, and drawing them from a hat - if that's aggreable to all concerned?

More detail:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Peter Rutherford, an out-of-work graduate, finds himself involved in a fight between a member of the Guild of Magicians and another, stranger person. After getting injured in the course of trying to escape, he is invited to join the Guild because of the strength of will his survival indicates.

Following their initiation rites and a number of other things he has to deal with over the next few years, he comes face-to-face with some of the most powerful magic ever deployed - and he grows to be obsessed with it, and with the dangers it poses. This magic is a twisted and perverse working by an ancient shaman: the creation of a world, wherein he can be its one god. And now Peter has been roped into it; the price of curiosty.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'm up for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I've written the first part of a fantasy novel, based on an idea I had as a teenager. I started writing after having emailed a little with the author of another book I like (Lev Grossman, The Magicians) - when I told him his books were similar to my idea, he told me to write it.

I've written it now, and taken a month out, and now I'm nearly finished editing it. Once it's done, I'll be needing one person who doesn't know me, to have a read at it and tell me if it's something they would be prepared to pay money for - and maybe even a little review, if that person is willing.

I can give a few small details, if anyone's interested, but I don't want to give an awful lot away, as I'm sure you can udnerstand.
    Kyrie eleison :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Anon_98)
    Kyrie eleison :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've been saving that one, haven't you?

ReputationRep:
    You've been saving that one, haven't you?
    Not particularly.

You just happened to make your thread at the perfect time so I wanted to show that it isn't v nice to comment in such a way when there isnt a reason to do so. Especially when the the post in question seems to be showing a passion about something.:erm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    You're welcome to put my name down if you wish, it seems like a great idea + also pretty interesting. Good Luck. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for it.

Not particularly.

You just happened to make your thread at the perfect time so I wanted to show that it isn't v nice to comment in such a way when there isnt a reason to do so. Especially when the the post in question seems to be showing a passion about something.:erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're welcome to put my name down if you wish, it seems like a great idea + also pretty interesting. Good Luck. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :unimpressed:

Bumpty bumpty.

Just tidying up. Nobody else interested?

Is this everyone, then?

Editing's done and tidied up. Only a few people but that's fine - if everyone's cool with it, I'll write your usernames on bits of paper and draw them from a hat. That seems the fairest way to choose just one person. I will post video evidence if needed

Thanks.

Danz123

Physicist

Star-girl

Andy98

Anon_98

Arkasia

ReputationRep:
    Is this everyone, then?

Editing's done and tidied up. Only a few people but that's fine - if everyone's cool with it, I'll write your usernames on bits of paper and draw them from a hat. That seems the fairest way to choose just one person. I will post video evidence if needed

Thanks.

Danz123

Physicist

Star-girl

Andy98

Anon_98

Arkasia
    This is really exciting btw. 1/6 of a chance of being chosen doesn't seem too bad. Arkasia :fight:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    This is really exciting btw. 1/6 of a chance of being chosen doesn't seem too bad. Arkasia :fight:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.