Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to go out in Bristol clubbing for the first time this halloween and I'm wondering where is best to go? What are the clubs known for and what are peoples general thoughts on them? Thank you!! )

ReputationRep:
    Urmm, depends on your taste in music really. I really like places like motion and Lakota, because when I've been in the past they play stuff like deep house, drum and bass ect. I also think SWX (formerly syndicate) is pretty good, they seem to play a good mix of stuff. So really depends on what you're looking for, there are loads of good places, not really one place that I think stands out well above others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emjo1997)
    I want to go out in Bristol clubbing for the first time this halloween and I'm wondering where is best to go? What are the clubs known for and what are peoples general thoughts on them? Thank you!! )
    Lakota's gonna be a good one for Halloween this year because of Tribe of Frog! Tickets have sold out though but tribe is always a solid night regardless of the month

(Original post by k4l397)
    Urmm, depends on your taste in music really. I really like places like motion and Lakota, because when I've been in the past they play stuff like deep house, drum and bass ect. I also think SWX (formerly syndicate) is pretty good, they seem to play a good mix of stuff. So really depends on what you're looking for, there are loads of good places, not really one place that I think stands out well above others.
    Where you going this halloween then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Lakota's gonna be a good one for Halloween this year because of Tribe of Frog! Tickets have sold out though but tribe is always a solid night regardless of the month

Where you going this halloween then?
    I really don't know yet, haven't really considered. Probably not great because tickets for a lot of things seem to have sold out or are a ridiculous price. I'll probably try tribe in future though.

ReputationRep:
    I really like places like motion and Lakota, because when I've been in the past they play stuff like deep house, drum and bass ect.
    I really don't know yet, haven't really considered. Probably not great because tickets for a lot of things seem to have sold out or are a ridiculous price.
    If you like Bass music, then:
    Basement 45 has a Deep House and Garage night on the Saturday, which a few of my flatmates are going to, and I'm pretty sure the tickets are only £5. [/u]
    There's a Grime and Dubstep night at Blue Mountain. https://www.facebook.com/events/518095268364927/
    And Timbuk2's event is free entry before 12, or if you're in fancy dress. [/u]

(Original post by emjo1997)
    If you can afford it, it's not too hard to find tickets to sold out events (e.g. Just Jack at Motion, ToF at Lakota, Eskimo Dance at the O2) usually on the facebook page, this is the best option if you don't mind forking out £40+.
    Otherwise, if you like bass music, the 3 nights mentioned above (Basement, BM, Tb2) are pretty affordable and still have tickets available.
    Thekla usually has some quite cool nights, but is doing cheesy pop for Halloween instead, personally not my thing, but whatever floats your boat. [/u]
    Bunker is small and full of students - there's a good chance of bumping into someone you know [/u]
    Pryzm is ****ing massive (biggest in Bristol) and usually plays a mix of cheesy pop and Top 40 RnB, House, and Dance spread out over 3 floors [/u]

Sadly I will not be able to go to any of these myself, as I'm doing a trial shift at the bar in Motion from 10.30pm-7am :sigh: (will probably be closer to 8 if I have to help clear up after), so rave it up on my behalf guys.:danceboy:

For future reference, this is practically the holy grail: [/u]

ReputationRep:
    Dojo Lounge easily the best. Punches well above its weight consistently

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.