Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kinda feel like im so undesirable I should stop trying watch

I've been at uni for almost a month now and I've been out fairly often but I've had no success with girls, i'm fairly confident and charismatic but I suppose i'm just not many girls types.

For instance, i've probably got about 15 girls numbers who i've met on nights out, in all of these cases I would have put in some work prior to getting the number, flirting, physical contact etc. But very few actually respond when I try and follow up on another night, and the ones that do give very short sentences and show no signs of interest.

I have a friend who is somewhat better looking than me and he gets girls texting him, initiating contact and he doesn't need to do much other than be present and talk.

Yesterday I got the number of this girl who I met under somewhat strange circumstances (I actually ended up in hospital and she was with me the whole way, long story) I want to text her today but im kinda sick of being rejected and I feel like my self esteem is just going lower and lower.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I hate about girls, the hypocrisy, the majority all say they are not shallow and that it's all about personality, but we all know deep down that the truth is that's BS.

Females are way more shallow than men, they just hide their secrets better than males who are more open. And the majority couldn't care less about you being " a gentlemen" or thoughtful or kind, this is why I get slightly annoyed when they say Chivalry is dead.

Like fellow user Maid Marian.

ReputationRep:
    Different guys need to do different things to find a girl for them. If you're somewhat geeky or your friend is an Adonis and you go out looking to pick up girls together that's obviously not going to work in your favour.

I don't advocate going clubbing to pick up a shag anyway so what I'll say is why not consider girls you actually know? Consider getting to know them and consider more than just a shag? You have to commit and put effort in and after a while you'll see that that's much more worth while that chasing after random girls in night clubs like a headless chicken.

P.s. Your mates probably got a collection of sti's by now there's nothing hot about sleeping with some random scrub. Someone who will do so with you has probably done so a fair few times and has the itchy front bum to show. :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    Do extremely well in your degree. Get a good job and get loads of ££££££££ and all your problems will disappear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been at uni for almost a month now and I've been out fairly often but I've had no success with girls, i'm fairly confident and charismatic but I suppose i'm just not many girls types.

For instance, i've probably got about 15 girls numbers who i've met on nights out, in all of these cases I would have put in some work prior to getting the number, flirting, physical contact etc. But very few actually respond when I try and follow up on another night, and the ones that do give very short sentences and show no signs of interest.

I have a friend who is somewhat better looking than me and he gets girls texting him, initiating contact and he doesn't need to do much other than be present and talk.

Yesterday I got the number of this girl who I met under somewhat strange circumstances (I actually ended up in hospital and she was with me the whole way, long story) I want to text her today but im kinda sick of being rejected and I feel like my self esteem is just going lower and lower.
    dont say that give it time and you will find someone who will like you instantly before you even start flirting with them . just wait

(Original post by saeed97)
    Do extremely well in your degree. Get a good job and get loads of ££££££££ and all your problems will disappear
    This is definitely the best option in the long run but damn, a man has needs.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Different guys need to do different things to find a girl for them. If you're somewhat geeky or your friend is an Adonis and you go out looking to pick up girls together that's obviously not going to work in your favour.

I don't advocate going clubbing to pick up a shag anyway so what I'll say is why not consider girls you actually know? Consider getting to know them and consider more than just a shag? You have to commit and put effort in and after a while you'll see that that's much more worth while that chasing after random girls in night clubs like a headless chicken.

P.s. Your mates probably got a collection of sti's by now there's nothing hot about sleeping with some random scrub. Someone who will do so with you has probably done so a fair few times and has the itchy front bum to show. :yucky:
    Your definitely right, but right now as I do a very intensive degree and barely manage to keep up with work as it is I haven't managed to get to know THAT many girls other than those around my accommodation who are kind of out of bounds and few seem to be receptive towards me.

When you say put work in I don't really get it, do you mean become close friends with a girl and then try and persuade her to fall in love with me ? Because that seems quite long and insincere, at least when your out clubbing you cut out all that bull**** and just give in to your feelings.

(Original post by candycaneland500)
    dont say that give it time and you will find someone who will like you instantly before you even start flirting with them . just wait
    Girls are never overt about their feelings so how am I even supposed to know ? It's only the really extroverted ones which are

ReputationRep:
    Depends if OP is searching for a partner that loves him for him, or his money.

If it's the money, then he'll live a miserable life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Depends if OP is searching for a partner that loves him for him, or his money.

If it's the money, then he'll live a miserable life.
    Well it seems OP is having a miserable life as it is being poor. Im sure being rich would ease the misery.

ReputationRep:
    Well it seems OP is having a miserable life as it is being poor. Im sure being rich would ease the misery.
    Well the girls he is looking to get involved with are just as bad, as they are very superficial and judging him based purely on appearance rather than what truly counts.

I would advise him to wait it out, as going with a partner who judges you solely on your looks or your wallet, is not someone you'd want to potentially build a successful relationship with.

I know this might sound cringe, but if you want to find that diamond in the rough sometimes you have to be patient and keep searching.

ReputationRep:
    well, i find that if you dont try you'll never fail at them

i wouldn't recommend it though

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have the same problem so don't know what to suggest. Generally I would say not to put loads of work in. If the girl is generally interested you can tell and you won't have to make much effort.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry ur girl is out there somewhere but now just focus on studies. and be natural around girls don't act too flirty it might get a bit weird.

don't give up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.