Really annoying chemistry topic Watch

ilovethe1975
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so im doing a level chemistry and I was loving it until having to work out these frigging shapes of molecules!! They are so confusing and every time I try to teach it to myself it just doesnt work. Can someone please explain to me how to do it for SO2??

Also it would be so great if someone could guide me in any way for a way to work out the shapes and bond angles for a molecule that wont confuse me haha

It would be so so appreciated. I really want at least a B or C this year and learning how to do this will make me feel a lot better about chemistry.

thankyouxxxxxxxxx
gomc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what's the name of this topic?
greenmath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey. I presume this is for Chem 1 AQA? If so I have attached some phone slides I made last year to help me remember since I found them quite tricky too. The slides with the shapes/bond angles are towards the end of the pdf. I took all the pictures/bond angles/names from past paper mark schemes too so they should all be correct
Attached files
username986184
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ilovethe1975)
Okay so im doing a level chemistry and I was loving it until having to work out these frigging shapes of molecules!! They are so confusing and every time I try to teach it to myself it just doesnt work. Can someone please explain to me how to do it for SO2??

Also it would be so great if someone could guide me in any way for a way to work out the shapes and bond angles for a molecule that wont confuse me haha

It would be so so appreciated. I really want at least a B or C this year and learning how to do this will make me feel a lot better about chemistry.

thankyouxxxxxxxxx
http://www2.pvc.maricopa.edu/tutor/c...etry/geom.html

PM me an email address and you can have my PP that I teach from
ilovethe1975
Rep:
?
(Original post by greenmath)
Hey. I presume this is for Chem 1 AQA? If so I have attached some phone slides I made last year to help me remember since I found them quite tricky too. The slides with the shapes/bond angles are towards the end of the pdf. I took all the pictures/bond angles/names from past paper mark schemes too so they should all be correct
i am actually doing OCR but these slides are AMAZING omg!!!!! i wish i used these last year when i did AQA :/ im actually resitting this year because i got a U haha, oops.
ilovethe1975
Rep:
?
(Original post by gomc)
what's the name of this topic?
shapes of molecules
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
those slides are LIFE

i hate bond angles too and they're all over my A2 syllabus with chirality and that and i have no idea what to do lol

thanks for those! will steal them
greenmath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by z33)
those slides are LIFE

i hate bond angles too and they're all over my A2 syllabus with chirality and that and i have no idea what to do lol

thanks for those! will steal them
Thank you very much! Those slides were the only reason I even managed to learn shapes of molecules last year
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you very much! Those slides were the only reason I even managed to learn shapes of molecules last year
no thank you! and hopefully i do better in my retake this year than i did last time round lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%