The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm mixed race, but for whatever reason most of the people I know aren't mixed race, including people I've fancied / been out with.
Original post by Skeptique
I think the opposite of what you say is true. I tend to want females my complexion or darker - I have gone white but it not a preference. Mixed females as far as I know consider themselves black and only a few cases I know of would date white guy. White men seem to have strong preference for their own kind and see mixed race girls as black and 'out of the question' from my experience.

Oh, there are those white guys that like mixed and indian women. And from my experience there are mixed women who go only for white guys. But, it may be selective. Will have to ponder that one.....
Original post by saxsan4
UKIP has more candidates form Minority groups than the Green party. We stand for equality and what is best for British people. we are the only party to ban members form extra mist parties such as Britain First and the BNP

And the reason UKIP had to ban them in the first place is because they know that if they didn't, hoards of racists would flood their party. :colondollar: I love when UKIP supporters mention this while being completely oblivious as to why UKIP had to ban extremists in the first place. lmao
Original post by driftawaay
And the reason UKIP had to ban them in the first place is because they know that if they didn't, hoards of racists would flood their party. :colondollar: I love when UKIP supporters mention this while being completely oblivious as to why UKIP had to ban extremists in the first place. lmao

"we are the only party than bans ex-members of the BNP"

read: "we are the only party that needs to ban ex-members of the BNP"
Reply 24
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I read somethin on another thread that said they don't know how to approach each other, and this seems like what my inkling was. It seems like they are more comfortable with either a black or white person. Maybe because it becomes all too obvious when they meet that they have both gone through the quite unique experience of being mixed race at school, in society etc, how people judge it, so it's a bit too 'familiar' or awkward like that?

I've no idea what you mean exactly. :confused: From my experience it's quite nice to know people who have gone through the same 'unique experience' as you. Any awkwardness is about the same for meeting new people of all races. If anything there is usually less awkwardness as you already have something in common with them.
I tend to be attracted to white, blonde men. Tbh if you're blonde I'd likely find you attractive lol. I was thinking why this might be and (this will sound proper weird) I think it's my mum's fault. My mum is Latina btw. She would always make a point of saying blonde men are attractive if one appeared on TV or in an advert or whatever. From early on I have been programmed to find blonde men attractive lolol.

I mean, I have found other, erm, "varieties" of men attractive, but tbh, on the whole, I've been interested predominantly in blonde white men. *no hate, blame my mum :teehee:*
Original post by driftawaay

no UKIP bans them to make it crystal clear they don't represent our views.

there are many racists in the labour party, a recent poll found that the Liberal democrats have the most amount of anti-Semites in all parties
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
this is bs smh

It would be nice if it wasn't but unfortunately it's the truth, people will do what they can to ensure their coupling is hypergamous. If your ethnic and rich/really educated it's likely you'll have a white partner (though there are exceptions).
Original post by saxsan4
no UKIP bans them to make it crystal clear they don't represent our views.

there are many racists in the labour party, a recent poll found that the Liberal democrats have the most amount of anti-Semites in all parties

Cool. Judaism is not a race, though. :h:
lol thats because mixed race people are the smallest minority. I've never met anyone with the same mix as me.

But ye I'm attracted to anyone who's hot.
(edited 8 years ago)
The only people I've been attracted to were white and east Asian men. Not so much black men, although they do have good looks.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol thats because mixed race people are the smallest minority. I've never met anyone with the same mix as me.

You never will lol
Theres also the fact that if you don't live in London or Birmingham you'l just never meet a non-white person lol.

Anon!
You're mixed? :K:
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I read somethin on another thread that said they don't know how to approach each other, and this seems like what my inkling was. It seems like they are more comfortable with either a black or white person. Maybe because it becomes all too obvious when they meet that they have both gone through the quite unique experience of being mixed race at school, in society etc, how people judge it, so it's a bit too 'familiar' or awkward like that?

lol you should probs change the thread title to 'back n white mixed kids'
I've never met anyone with the same mix as me.

Don't think you ever will :tongue:
Original post by Xsk
I've no idea what you mean exactly. :confused: From my experience it's quite nice to know people who have gone through the same 'unique experience' as you. Any awkwardness is about the same for meeting new people of all races. If anything there is usually less awkwardness as you already have something in common with them.

OP has no idea what he's talking about lmao.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Don't think you ever will :tongue:
Yeee. closest I've gotten is Chinese + English so far :tongue: She was one of the girls I told you from that party on friday rofl.
Original post by Anon_98
Maybe. :ninja:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:giggle:
What mix, may i ask?

Good thing haha, I mention it too often imo :biggrin:
Original post by Most Competitive
Basically anything that looks appetising :lol:

I'm never attracted to black girls, though.

why aren't you ever attracted to them?
I don't often see mixed raced people dating each other...maybe it's just me though :dontknow:

Yeee. closest I've gotten is Chinese + English so far :tongue: She was one of the girls I told you from that party on friday rofl.

Oh is ittt :eek: That's a good mix tbh and yeee hun I remember

Latest

Trending

Trending