Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggled with maths so my parents getting me a tutor. HELP watch

Announcements

So I with maths GCSE I got C. Im in yr 12 and im going to resit it. my dad is getting me a tutor and she is coming today, but I'm really embarressed to do maths with her because I get anxious when doing it. Incase I get the answer wrong and stuff. I think my mum is a bit embarrased that I'm re-sitting it aswell and that my maths is bad. How do I get over this.

My parents are Gujrati and so is the tutor, found her through friends of family but we are not related and that's why I feel even worse, because she will see how bad I am at maths.

bump

Hey, at the end of the day the tutor is not going to care how bad your are at maths. Think about it, she probably would prefer it if you were bad because then she makes money from more sessions with you. You can't even be that bad at maths if you managed to get a grade c, which is what many people aim for. The tutor has probably taught so many people worse than you so you won't stand out.
    If your mum is embarrassed that your bad at maths then it's really not your problem, you can't be good at everything. She probably isn't even embarrassed but just wants you to do well in life. Why are you even retaking GCSEs maths, you passed and that's all that really matters at GCSEs, unless you want to do something really competitive at uni.
    Just go to the session and get it over with, it will be over quickly and probably won't even be as bad as you thought.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go, mate?

I think Anon#2 has given some good advice as to why you shouldn't feel bad about this situation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.