Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Haven't heard from one uni, is this normal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have received 'thank you for applying' emails from all of my unis except Liverpool. I have also received one offer. I sent off my application on Thursday 15th October, got first offer the same day.
    Liverpool is my first choice and im really worried about not hearing from them, does anyone know if this is normal and does it mean ive been rejected???
    help please im really worried about it now. Also is it possible to receive offers at weekends or at night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unihelp98)
    I have received 'thank you for applying' emails from all of my unis except Liverpool. I have also received one offer. I sent off my application on Thursday 15th October, got first offer the same day.
    Liverpool is my first choice and im really worried about not hearing from them, does anyone know if this is normal and does it mean ive been rejected???
    help please im really worried about it now. Also is it possible to receive offers at weekends or at night?
    lol its been 3 days...dont be so impatient! Unis receive tones of applications now so they may not reply to you straight away.
    I got my Aberdeen "thank you for applying" in december and I applied same time you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    lol its been 3 days...dont be so impatient! Unis receive tones of applications now so they may not reply to you straight away.
    I got my Aberdeen "thank you for applying" in december and I applied same time you did.
    no, the reason i am worried is because i have not got the thank you for applying email from them not the email. please read what i wrote. Also everyone else i know who applied to liver got offers quick so obviously i am going to worry.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry, I haven't received any offers yet and I sent mine on the same day as you. Some universities are slower than others.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I haven't received an acknowledgement/thank you from Manchester so don't worry! It'll come soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
    I wouldn't worry, I haven't received any offers yet and I sent mine on the same day as you. Some universities are slower than others.
    thank you, you were a lot less rude than that other girl. that makes me feel better.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not all unis send them, and even those that do don't always send them straight away. I realise it's annoying because it's only one that hasn't, but it is fine.

Offers are only official when they're on UCAS Track, and that won't update on Sundays or late at night. It is possible you might receive some correspondence from a uni at that time, if a member of staff is working late, but still unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, they have dozens of applications to go through.

When I applied last year in october, one uni gave me an offer near christmas time whilst others mid-november. Just be patient and dont give up hope just yet.

Also about the 'thank you email', I havent recieved it from one of the unis who gave me an offer either. The thank you email, is just an acknowledgement that they have recieved it, as mentioned above some unis are faster than others.

ReputationRep:
    no, the reason i am worried is because i have not got the thank you for applying email from them not the email. please read what i wrote. Also everyone else i know who applied to liver got offers quick so obviously i am going to worry.
    yeah thats what I mean. The aotumatic thank you for applying stuff.

And depending on what degree you do, the uni may take longer to reply. Take medicine for example, where you have to wait till after Christmas to start getting offers for most of the unis

ReputationRep:
    I would not worry, those "Thank you for applying" emails seem to be automated and slow. I only today received that email from Manchester, despite having arranged an interview with them over a week ago...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.