Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your opinion on this situation? watch

Announcements

Today I was in church service, and the pastor decided to discuss a topic about virginity as a lot of the girls are still growing up.

The pastor was being really judgemental about the situation, saying that ALL guys want to marry a virgin and if a girl showed their naked body/had sex with a guy then they're not worthy of anything.

He stated this as a fact and it really annoyed me how he would make people believe that this is true.

he also said how wearing the wedding veil means nothing, if you're not pure.

I find it annoying how some people come up with stupid logics and think it's ok to present them as a fact.

What is your opinion on this?

ReputationRep:
    Most likely he was just trying to discourage girls from taking part in illicit sexual acts which are considered against Christianity. Hence why he said what he said.

Of course, when he said "all guys" he was probably referring only to devout Christians and was generalising, since there are a lot of males who wouldn't care.

Just my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious but had to go to a church service the other day. The pastor was preaching about how atheists are going to hell, whilst I sat there awkwardly

ReputationRep:
    old ostensibly 'pious' paedophiles stigmatising female sexuality through fear

what's new?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Today I was in church service, and the pastor decided to discuss a topic about virginity as a lot of the girls are still growing up.

The pastor was being really judgemental about the situation, saying that ALL guys want to marry a virgin and if a girl showed their naked body/had sex with a guy then they're not worthy of anything.

He stated this as a fact and it really annoyed me how he would make people believe that this is true.

he also said how wearing the wedding veil means nothing, if you're not pure.

I find it annoying how some people come up with stupid logics and think it's ok to present them as a fact.

What is your opinion on this?
    Wouldn't say virgin but as long as they're not complete sluts I don't think many men would care. However any act is seen against God so of course he will say that....

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to marry a guy that only wanted me so he could pop my virginity. What does that say about him?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Well, that is what the Bible teaches. What are you expecting from religion?

ReputationRep:
    I think you were **** out of luck when you expected to get any form of logic out of a religious ceremony.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.