Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, I really need help writing my personal statement. My school have not helped me at all, they showed a video and made us write a draft one before even deciding our courses. I don't know what to write, I don't know how to set it out and I don't know what they're looking for! I'd be grateful for any information at this point! The deadline is next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedBrain)
    Hey Guys, I really need help writing my personal statement. My school have not helped me at all, they showed a video and made us write a draft one before even deciding our courses. I don't know what to write, I don't know how to set it out and I don't know what they're looking for! I'd be grateful for any information at this point! The deadline is next week!
    Hi, I wrote my personal statement tonight and I was in the same situation as you-I didn't really get any guidance, but i can tell you what i included
    In my first little paragraph, I basically just said that I am interested in the sciences and that I was impressed by the colleges science department (why i want to apply there)

In the second paragraph, you should state some of your achievements (I stated that I'm a prefect, I got my BP award from guides, my science awards) along with any voluntary work/work experience you have.

In my last paragraph, I simply stated some of my hobbies and interests.

You honestly do not need to worry too much about your personal statement, I was the same and got extremely stressed out, but most of the stuff they need/want to know about you will be discussed at the interview, along with what you want to study. Your PS is just to give them an overview of who you are.

I hope this helped a little, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Check out this link: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...tement_Library

You can see other people personal statements by courses and universities they applied to etc. Make sure you don't copy it - its just so you can get an idea of the layout and format.

Hope this helps

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.