Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've literally tried so hard to stay the happy and hyper me. After college has started for me I'm always so down and I feel like everyone is just pulling away from me. The guy I used to call brother(not blood related) he's so busy but he always checks up on me every day but after a while its like he's starting to become annoyed at me :'(. The guy I used to call boyfriend broke up with me because he was too busy with college work aswell because we barely talk. Before college I used to be this hyper happy girl :P but now am the type of girl to show that am happy on the outside but inside I feel so hurt like someone has cut me deep. I wont tell anyone because i feel they wont care and when i told my brother he said some words and they hit me so hard, and my boyfriend who is my ex doesnt speak to me no more.
    I seriously have no idea what to do anymore...please help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RBalboa)
    I've literally tried so hard to stay the happy and hyper me. After college has started for me I'm always so down and I feel like everyone is just pulling away from me. The guy I used to call brother(not blood related) he's so busy but he always checks up on me every day but after a while its like he's starting to become annoyed at me :'(. The guy I used to call boyfriend broke up with me because he was too busy with college work aswell because we barely talk. Before college I used to be this hyper happy girl :P but now am the type of girl to show that am happy on the outside but inside I feel so hurt like someone has cut me deep. I wont tell anyone because i feel they wont care and when i told my brother he said some words and they hit me so hard, and my boyfriend who is my ex doesnt speak to me no more.
    I've been there. First year of uni I felt like my brother abandoned me, I couldn't make it work with my boyfriend, etc. I think what helped was doing my own thing, focusing on myself for a while and keeping myself busy with things that interested me, throwing myself into all sorts of projects. It beats drinking yourself senseless every night. Which I did attempt ngl. I hope it all works out for you and you feel more like part of the uni community soon. It helps to make friends with others who have similar interests. I don't know what your course is like, but you can always try taking part in the usual society type thing at uni and see if that works. Distract yourself by making new friends so you don't feel too bad about losing the others.

ReputationRep:
    Things are never as bad as they seem! I have felt like you do before and you just have to wait for things to get better because most of the time they will. Try to stay positive and focus on whatever it is you're doing.

If you're at uni maybe you could try meet some new people by joining clubs/societies? Or you could just try to do some nice things on your own to cheer you up, things that you like doing, because to make friends you first have to feel happy within yourself. Being on your own doesn't have to be miserable, I tend to spend a lot of time on my own myself. Remember that just because you're alone it doesn't mean you have to feel lonely!

I know this is all easier said than done, and if things get really bad and you really feel like you need someone to talk to and you have no one then you could go to your GP and ask if you can get some counselling or something. But try to stay positive and things will get better eventually

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys and I meant im in college now but thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    What did your brother say to you which hit you so hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    What did your brother say to you which hit you so hard?
    he said i need to start preoccupying myself rather than thinking of my ex but it came out more harsh than it should have

ReputationRep:
    he said i need to start preoccupying myself rather than thinking of my ex but it came out more harsh than it should have
    Shouldn't he be the one helping you do this? Rather than telling you what you should do? I understand he is busy and what not, but did he give you any actually help or advice other than the obvious? Did he try and make you feel better at all?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't he be the one helping you do this? Rather than telling you what you should do? I understand he is busy and what not, but did he give you any actually help or advice other than the obvious? Did he try and make you feel better at all?
    Nope to everything you just asked.

ReputationRep:
    Nope to everything you just asked.
    Didn't we PM at some earlier point? Also I can see why you are sad. Someone you there would be here to help you isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't we PM at some earlier point? Also I can see why you are sad. Someone you there would be here to help you isn't.
    i think we did i cant remember honestly. and yeah they dont help me much they just check up on me and wen i ask if their ok they just busy all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the exact same thing as you and it is not a nice feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiaii)
    I feel the exact same thing as you and it is not a nice feeling
    No it isn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Step back take a breath

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunslingerZearon)
    Step back take a breath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It didn't work X at the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it is never nice to feel this way. the best advice i can give is to try and live day to day and say to yourself "today is going to be a good day" and after a while a day turns into a week, then a month then a year and so on. it also helps to do what you are doing now, talking to people about how you feel can really help as you gain a network of people who can listen and help you with what you are going through.

i hope you get back to your happy and hyper self soon but remember we are here to help if you it

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.