Turn on thread page Beta

First date: how should I proceed? watch

Announcements

I went on a date yesterday. It went well, not amazing but it lasted four hours and we both had a good time. At the end of the date the girl said she wanted to see me again (I didn't ask) and told me to text when I got home. So I texted when I got home, said I had a good time and hope she did too and got home safely (so I didn't ask a question).

That was last night and I haven't heard anything back yet. If she's not interested that's cool but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. She volunteered that she wanted to see me again so I don't know if I should just wait for her to say something or send another text at some point. I would have thought if she was interested I would have got a text by name confirming that she enjoyed herself... but I'm new to this so I have no idea to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    You should suggest another idea for another date, girls like it when you are confident and know what you want to do!
    Its a bit annoying when guys keep asking or waiting for what you want to do (even when it may seem like the nicer path to take).
    If she made it clear that she enjoyed being with you then go for it
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Don't double text. If she's interested she'll reply. If not then at least it's experience, and move on

ReputationRep:
    Double text if you want its not a big deal lol. If she doesn't reply to the second text then you can move on.

ReputationRep:
    She already threw the ball in your court when she told you she wanted to see you again. So text her suggesting another date. Your last text was a closed text with little conversation to go on. In future if you want responses ask questions in texts. As some people simply don't feel the need to text back, or don't know what to say if there isn't a clear line of conversation to go on which can feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Just message her and ask her out again - like "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go for dinner tomorrow night?" or something similar. If she doesnt reply then obviously she isn't interested but I think you should give it another chance as she was obviously keen when you had your first date.

ReputationRep:
    When people text me I'm a bit awkward and I don't reply if there's not much conversation. Text her against asking if she would like to go on another date on - be specific - and see what she says. Keep us updated

Okay so I decided to text her again. Basically asked if she enjoyed herself and suggested a second date. That was a few hours ago and I haven't received a reply. So not sure what's going on! A bit odd she said she wanted to see me again and hasn't got back to me but who knows what's going on, maybe she was just being polite or felt she wasn't interested when she woke up. I wasn't 100% sure but thought another date might help me make up my mind. We'll see anyway, I'll let you guys know if anything transpires...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.