Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm applying for university now, but I'm still unsure of which course to go for. I've narrowed it down to Neuroscience, Psychology, or Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience.

I'm just confused about what careers are available after a Neuroscience degree - obviously there's research and academia, but what else?
    Also, is there a way you can use Neuroscience to enter into a postgrad degree in a vocational subject e.g. mental health nursing?

And has anyone done or have any friends who have done a Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience degree? I'd love to hear if you think there is any merit to it, as obviously it's a joint subject so I'm worried that perhaps it isn't regarded as highly as a pure Neuroscience degree.

I could just really use some help with this. I'm interested in mental health and how it affects the brain but also the people. But I'm also interested in things such as memory and sleep etc and how this works in the brain.

I hope someone can help me, I'm stressed out so much!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.