Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
good prospects for the future :wink:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
chaka
hey, was just wondering if anybody is going to to imperial to do biomedical engineering and also if anyones got any info about it. i got an offer for it but i dotn really knwo much about it coz theres no biomedical engineering graduates from imperial to ask yet...plus it'd be cool to get to know some ppl whore gonna do it.

Oh, it's a new course I think, just introduced recently? :confused:

It sounds cool, but I wouldn't whore for the chance of doing biomed eng :smile:
Reply 3
Mysticmin
Oh, it's a new course I think, just introduced recently? :confused:

It sounds cool, but I wouldn't whore for the chance of doing biomed eng :smile:

Reply 4
shiny

pfft, three years, recent enough.
Reply 5
Mysticmin
pfft, three years, recent enough.

For those of you thinking of reading Biomedical Engineering at Imperial, the department has actually been there since the early 1990's. They only offered PhD's up till 2001, which is when they started introducing BEng degrees. In terms of class sizes, the biomedical engineering department is small... only 40 people enrolled in the first class year. However, out of this 40, only 25 or so continued on to the second year... mostly due to the fact that the course was harder than expected. Be prepared to study real hard if you go.. that's what I heard from several of the current second year students. Many consider it the second hardest course in Imperial.. first would be Medicine.

By the way, anyone know anything about continuing on to Med school after BEng Biomedical? I read on the Imperial website that biomedical engineering is a "fast-track" system to medicine... any ideas? I do know that Imperial Medicine is 5 years... so does that mean you can save time on your med degree?
Reply 6
i have to say it's hard... real hard. The percentage of students repeating is amongst the highest in IC. You do a bit of everything. Not very generalized
Reply 7
Biomedic and Chaka... can you both post details about yourself? I'm going to Imperial for Biomed Eng as well, so it would be nice if we could get to know each other beforehand. I'll start off:

Name: Boon
Country born: Malaysia
Country living in: China
School: United World College of South East Asia, Singapore
Interests: Football (Chelsea supporter), computers, mountain biking.

IC offer: 36 points, 776 HL, 5 SL English [I.B. Diploma]
Reply 8
Oh great. <Free time estimation at Imperial drops even more>.
Reply 9
boonkoh

By the way, anyone know anything about continuing on to Med school after BEng Biomedical? I read on the Imperial website that biomedical engineering is a "fast-track" system to medicine... any ideas? I do know that Imperial Medicine is 5 years... so does that mean you can save time on your med degree?

The fast track course is still at least 4 years I'm afraid :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Wait a minute.. isn't the normal med. course 5 years? So the fast track med should be 4 years, rite?
Reply 11
boonkoh
Wait a minute.. isn't the normal med. course 5 years? So the fast track med should be 4 years, rite?

Yep.
Reply 12
awwwwww man. this course sounds hard. but still...to be an engineer and a surgeon would kick some serious ass. so its too general? ok well...do any girls do it...at all?
anyway i still havent chosen yet...deadlines close though

to boonkoh

name: akshay
nationaliy: british. kinda
country right now: luxembourg
school: european school
interests: im not sporty..im a fatass, do jujitsu though. making things like gliders ( small ones that dotn fly)
chaka
awwwwww man. this course sounds hard. but still...to be an engineer and a surgeon would kick some serious ass. so its too general? ok well...do any girls do it...at all?

to boonkoh

interests: im not sporty..im a fatass, do jujitsu though. making things like gliders ( small ones that dotn fly)

There must be at least one girl on your course. If there are none I'll eat my (theoretical) hat.
Reply 14
Yea LOTS of gals are doing it compared with other engineering courses

chaka

to boonkoh

Reply 15
biomedic..u being sarcy?
oh btw...u at imperial or somthing?
chaka
biomedic..u being sarcy?

I doubt it. The general rule goes that girls like biology. The medical and biology depts at Imperial are innundated with girls compared to my dept (mech eng) where I'll be one of the minority.
Reply 17
ah ok. well. i guess that isnt the important thing. still trying to choose two unis out of edinburgh imperial and warick for engineering...have to do it by tomorrow morning
chaka
ah ok. well. i guess that isnt the important thing. still trying to choose two unis out of edinburgh imperial and warick for engineering...have to do it by tomorrow morning

Imperial easily :biggrin:
I know there's a lack of girls dude, but it's london...
Reply 19
chaka
biomedic..u being sarcy?

it's true
half of the course consists of girls
though there are only about 55 students in the department

I'm IN it

Latest

Trending

Trending