Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to take a numeracy and literacy skills test for the course I want to do (Primary Education with QTS) I looked at the practice papers today and I am now royally freaking out. The literacy isn't as bad as I thought it would be but the numeracy - especially the mental arithmetic has freaked me out. I'm not good at Maths as it is and only just scraped a B at GCSE can someone give me any advice on what to do??? How to practice and improve my numeracy skills without winding myself up and stressing about it???

Help would be much appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathryn_vx)
    I have to take a numeracy and literacy skills test for the course I want to do (Primary Education with QTS) I looked at the practice papers today and I am now royally freaking out. The literacy isn't as bad as I thought it would be but the numeracy - especially the mental arithmetic has freaked me out. I'm not good at Maths as it is and only just scraped a B at GCSE can someone give me any advice on what to do??? How to practice and improve my numeracy skills without winding myself up and stressing about it???

I'm in the same situation!

Just practise loads! And revise times tables and key fractions/percentages like 1/2,1/4,1/8 etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu1609)
    I'm in the same situation!

Just practise loads! And revise times tables and key fractions/percentages like 1/2,1/4,1/8 etc...
    It's actually terrifying thinking about this test haha
    Thank you so much! If you think of anymore tips can you let me know pleeasee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathryn_vx)

I've yet to take a look at these as I'm considering teaching myself. I have heard that if you practise early on you should be fine! Don't let maths scare you that's the trick I think!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.