Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Been at uni for just over a month now, and I'm already running out of ideas of things to eat throughout the day. I don't really like cooking, I've been sticking to simple stuff like tuna, pasta and mayo, sausages and jacket potatos, chicken nuggets and chips and mostly frozen foods or pasta. I'm already bored of these and wondered if anybody had any suggestions of what to have?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try getting more fresh foods and doing a bit more cooking. Here are some things I eat for lunch:

- baked potato
    - omlettes
    - toasties
    - pasta with various toppings
    - savoury pancakes (ham, cheese, mushrooms etc)
    - Soups
    - turkey salad wraps, veggie wraps etc
    - "Pizza" on a tortilla. Put tomato puree on a tortilla and then add toppings and cheese then grill
    - Beans on toast
    - Eggs (fried, boiled, scrambled)
    - Chicken salad
    - Sandwiches and crisps
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jmw123)
    Been at uni for just over a month now, and I'm already running out of ideas of things to eat throughout the day. I don't really like cooking, I've been sticking to simple stuff like tuna, pasta and mayo, sausages and jacket potatos, chicken nuggets and chips and mostly frozen foods or pasta. I'm already bored of these and wondered if anybody had any suggestions of what to have?
    Get a 1kg bag of frozen chicken from a supermarket and you can make lots of meals out of it, like curries, noodles with a bit of mushroom, good old meat and some frozen veg and iceland does premade mash if you didnt want to make it yourself.
    Bacon makes a great addition to some pasta with tomato sauce and you can eat bacon with things like beans and chips if you want to.
    Frozen mince is another good options there's plenty you can do with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    Maybe try getting more fresh foods and doing a bit more cooking. Here are some things I eat for lunch:

- baked potato
    - omlettes
    - toasties
    - pasta with various toppings
    - savoury pancakes (ham, cheese, mushrooms etc)
    - Soups
    - turkey salad wraps, veggie wraps etc
    - "Pizza" on a tortilla. Put tomato puree on a tortilla and then add toppings and cheese then grill
    - Beans on toast
    - Eggs (fried, boiled, scrambled)
    - Chicken salad
    - Sandwiches and crisps
    Second this. Eat more fresh food - this can be done cheaply for about 10-15 pounds a week with 3 meals each day.

Roasting a chicken would be easy, yet a considerable achievement for a university student.

ReputationRep:
    Steak and chips.

ReputationRep:
    I often make big amounts of food then freeze it (if you have space).
    Some stuff I do is:
    Ratatouille
    lasagne
    Bolognaise
    Macaroni cheese
    Chicken stir fry
    Stew

It's so much cheaper to do it like that I find!

Happy cooking ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    this thread is making me hungry :sogood:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.