Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Great example of DWP cheating people out of disability benefits. watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...c-mentally-ill

So I read this article and I thought to myself: ye this sounded familiar!

So anyway a anorexic women with really bad mental health disabilities is sectioned underneath the mental health act. She gets a letter from the DWP saying her appeal was unsuccessful. The letter was delivered on the 30th of August and it was dated on the letter as 30th of July.

This is the DWP sending letters out late on purpose to deny people of their right to a tribunal.

At a tribunal the DWP does not get to make the decision. The decision is left to a independent Judge and Doctor.

This is something which I am going to bring up at my local Labour meeting so we can start to ask ESA and PIP claimants if this has happened to them. If so and if we get the evidence we might even be able to get the DWP is real bad trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)

So anyway a anorexic women with really bad mental health disabilities is sectioned underneath the mental health act. She gets a letter from the DWP saying her appeal was unsuccessful. The letter was delivered on the 30th of August and it was dated on the letter as 30th of July.

This is the DWP sending letters out late on purpose to deny people of their right to a tribunal.

At a tribunal the DWP does not get to make the decision. The decision is left to a independent Judge and Doctor.

This is something which I am going to bring up at my local Labour meeting so we can start to ask ESA and PIP claimants if this has happened to them. If so and if we get the evidence we might even be able to get the DWP is real bad trouble.
    Another anecdotal piece of trivia.

ReputationRep:

What seirously do you expect. They always lie their way to power without their lies and propaganda they are not popular enough to win. Cameron is a very good liar and is not caught out enough enough. He is sick, if his vegetable of a son was still alive this cut would not exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZZTop1)
    What seirously do you expect. They always lie their way to power without their lies and propaganda they are not popular enough to win. Cameron is a very good liar and is not caught out enough enough. He is sick, if his vegetable of a son was still alive this cut would not exist.
    I understand your angry and I am too. The thing is we must be persistent. I keep repeating almost the same thing on TSR forums because its happening almost everyday and the more I talk about it the more it is hammered into peoples memory.

The Tories are no different but instead they use lies in hope people will accept lies as truth.

The difference with us and the Tories is we can give people factual evidence and links to many different types of sources. The Tories on the other hand just have prejudice as their weapon. And prejudice only works for so long until the victims of prejudice rise up against the propaganda machine.

Be patient friend. We will catch them out soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    They got voted in on their economic policy which by all accounts is working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Actually no they got voted in on their previous management of the economy & public spending but with a mystery card that couldn't be revealed until the Tories won the election.

and the mystery card was ..........

Tax Credit cuts ..... big surprise there.

and the usual cuts against the most vulnerable.

ReputationRep:
    On lies and false promises more like. He had about 30 lies in his manifesto

ReputationRep:
    On lies and false promises more like. He had about 30 lies in his manifesto
    Really?

The deficits down.

Tax receipts are up.

Employment is up.

Seems like they're doing what they said they would.

ReputationRep:
    Really?

The deficits down.

Tax receipts are up.

Employment is up.

Seems like they're doing what they said they would.
    Yes
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/yvet...b_7949232.html
    there is nine without even looking in detail

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/yvet...b_7949232.html
    there is nine without even looking in detail
    I like most only care that.

The Deficit is down.
    Employment is up.
    Tax receipts are up.
    The economy is growing.
    I have a referendum on Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Or you may have instead stumbled upon a hospital's poor file management system, or delays in Royal Mail distribution centres, or any other number of conspiracy theories circling around your head. But let's jump straight to the one which allows you to have a rant at the government..

ReputationRep:
    I like most only care that.

The Deficit is down.
    Employment is up.
    Tax receipts are up.
    The economy is growing.
    I have a referendum on Europe.
    Whatever you're a wasteman

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you're a wasteman
    What a well thought out and presented counter-argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    What a well thought out and presented counter-argument.
    They are compulsive liars i know you would rather have the poor struggling for every penny due to benefit cuts and the sale of state assets to make the rich richer.

ReputationRep:
    They are compulsive liars i know you would rather have the poor struggling for every penny due to benefit cuts and the sale of state assets to make the rich richer.
    Would rather... what? You've not presented the other option so how could I possibly decide which I'd prefer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Would rather... what? You've not presented the other option so how could I possibly decide which I'd prefer?
    then have the government spend a penny more.

ReputationRep:
    then have the government spend a penny more.
    In a bankrupt country I absolutely would.

ReputationRep:

It seems they have gone from not sending the letters at all to sending them a month late to get sanctions. I remember contacting my MP and citizens advice buraeu and being told there were around 40 people that had contacted them that month after being sanctioned without actually receiving the letter lmao

Scumbags

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    In a bankrupt country I absolutely would.
    we are not bankrupt and never will be

ReputationRep:
    I think that PIP is more difficult for mental health claimants as it is more geared towards physical problems. I understand why it's tough to get however there is huge problems with the system. Also, you get a month to appeal the decision however when my claim for PIP was rejected I received the letter a week after the deadline therefore couldn't appeal. I think it can be quite unfair and some of the things written were not true however I haven't got the motivation or energy to do anything to fight against this. I know I am not the only one in this situation....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.