Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just been sent then Fee Status Questionnaire for St Andrews but I don't know what to put as my immigration status.
    I was born in the Netherlands and have both a British and Dutch birth certificate, but while I'm eligible for an EU passport, I only have a British one because I've lived in the UK for 14 years. Should I just put that I am a British Citizen, or should I put that I am Dual UK/EU National, though the latter requires a copy of an EU passport?
    If anyone had any advise for what I should do, that would be great!
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by six-feetunder)
    I've just been sent then Fee Status Questionnaire for St Andrews but I don't know what to put as my immigration status.
    I was born in the Netherlands and have both a British and Dutch birth certificate, but while I'm eligible for an EU passport, I only have a British one because I've lived in the UK for 14 years. Should I just put that I am a British Citizen, or should I put that I am Dual UK/EU National, though the latter requires a copy of an EU passport?
    If anyone had any advise for what I should do, that would be great!
    Thanks.
    suspect the combination of UK passport and not being resident in NL means you will be counted as Rest of UK. Pity, otherwise you'd count as EU and pay no fees...

ReputationRep:
    Would being counted as an EU national mean less chance of an offer as there are fewer places?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Saoirse607)
    Would being counted as an EU national mean less chance of an offer as there are fewer places?
    It doesn't mean you have less of a chance, but the EU/Scotland places are limited as they're funded by the scottish government.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.