Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If i chose Biology, Psychology and Government and Politics will that be alright if i want to do a veterinary course at university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tso)
    If i chose Biology, Psychology and Government and Politics will that be alright if i want to do a veterinary course at university
    For veterinary science, you definately need chemistry, so that should be one of your options. Biology is good, and maths would give you an advantage.

There's no problem with either psychology or politics as a 4th a level, but vet courses are very competitive and you could get rejected straight out without chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tso)
    You need chemistry. Having 1 out of Bio/physics/Maths is okay, but 2 would be ideal and make your application stronger, which is important given how competetive the course is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    For veterinary science, you definately need chemistry, so that should be one of your options. Biology is good, and maths would give you an advantage.

There's no problem with either psychology or politics as a 4th a level, but vet courses are very competitive and you could get rejected straight out without chemistry
    (Original post by Big Blue Machine)
    You need chemistry. Having 1 out of Bio/physics/Maths is okay, but 2 would be ideal and make your application stronger, which is important given how competetive the course is.
    Thanks so much guys, i thought about this a lot and decided that the sciences are my weakness. Therefore i'm going to get rid of that dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tso)
    Thanks so much guys, i thought about this a lot and decided that the sciences are my weakness. Therefore i'm going to get rid of that dream.
    With practice, anything can become a strength! But you do need to be studying the right course to be considered!

But, where there is a will, there is a way! You could also drop a 4th AS Level and pick up chemistry, or even pick it up next year and apply to uni a year later.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Blue Machine)
    With practice, anything can become a strength! But you do need to be studying the right course to be considered!

But, where there is a will, there is a way! You could also drop a 4th AS Level and pick up chemistry, or even pick it up next year and apply to uni a year later.

Good luck
    Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.