Jenx301
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

Now this is a genuine question so excuse me if I am missing something here... but I see the arguments about immigration and I don't understand why we don't have a points system like Australia? What is the down side to implementing it? That way the people that come to the UK are contributing something to our society and surely people can't take up a problem with that.

Thoughts? Am I missing the point here?
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jenx301)
Hi everyone,

Now this is a genuine question so excuse me if I am missing something here... but I see the arguments about immigration and I don't understand why we don't have a points system like Australia? What is the down side to implementing it? That way the people that come to the UK are contributing something to our society and surely people can't take up a problem with that.

Thoughts? Am I missing the point here?
I agree. The points system used by countries with sensible immigration policies like Australia, Canada, New Zealand is the way to go.

There's only one country with more stupid policies than the UK, and that's the US. They don't have a points system to select qualified individuals that the country actually needs - the run a ****ing lottery to give out 50,000 green cards to random people, regardless of education, health, language ability, economic resources etc. The Americans are on drugs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.89%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.25%

Watched Threads