Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AS Levels only got ABBD, do I still have a chance for an offer for Law at Manchester? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In short, I overworked myself, stayed up too late too many times during my exams. I ultimately paid the price for it as I had severe anxiety during this time and it caused me to mess up my exams a bit. I always wanted to go to Manchester Uni to do law, the entry requirements are AAA, but I'm not sure I'll get an offer. Does anyone know what my chances are and how I could improve my chances of getting in? My predicted grades will be A*AA.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris888888888)
    In short, I overworked myself, stayed up too late too many times during my exams. I ultimately paid the price for it as I had severe anxiety during this time and it caused me to mess up my exams a bit. I always wanted to go to Manchester Uni to do law, the entry requirements are AAA, but I'm not sure I'll get an offer. Does anyone know what my chances are and how I could improve my chances of getting in? My predicted grades will be A*AA.

Thanks in advance
    I will be attending Manchester Uni for Law as of September, I can see why you want to go there, I cannot wait!

I completed my A levels this summer before I applied for Law in November 2015. I got AAB at A level but was only 1 mark off straight As and got an A in the Extended Project. My offers were unconditional as I had got my A levels but Manchester did give me one. I think they will give you an offer giving your predictions and your AS grades, as even if you do 4 A levels they only want 3 A levels at a certain grade. Work hard and you could get AAA overall in 3 of them

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year law student at Manchester - i achieved ABBB at AS-level, an my offer was AAA. In the summer i was surprised i got in as a A2 i achieved ABB. I think my personal statement must have been quite strong and showed a lot of reading around the subject - plus from last year universities were allowed to take an unlimited amount of students possessing ABB grades or higher as long as they could accommodate them (this might have had something to do with my acceptance)

Good luck for your final exams - message me if you have any questions about Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have the same problem, I applied to Manc and I got AAC at A2 but Its unlikely I'll get higher than ABB as well, do u know how lenient they usually are and how many other students have got into law with lower than 3As?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msj619)
    Hey, I have the same problem, I applied to Manc and I got AAC at A2 but Its unlikely I'll get higher than ABB as well, do u know how lenient they usually are and how many other students have got into law with lower than 3As?

See my post above on this but it is all circumstantial, last summer they were very harsh on grades for those who missed the AAA Law offer. They have increased Law with Politics to AAA now for example as well. I think it entirely depends on your individual application there is no guarantees and admissions cannot make any promises either.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.